Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > yahoo-xtra mail problem

yahoo-xtra mail problem

Frank Williams

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:08:34 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 17/12/2011 6:15 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>
>> And I use the ISP mail like a large number of my friends, I get very
>> turned off when I see Web mail contacts.

>Stick to your rent-a-bride then Woger. So long as you keep paying her
>she'll keep turning you on.

I have no rent-a-bride at all, fully imported herself to NZ many years
ago.

Scooter

On , , Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, Re: yahoo-xtra mail problem, Frank
Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 19:07:42 +1300, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Yes but they are not private that is how Google makes its money.
>>> Google = Spyware.

>>They only use them to target ad's, which most webmail does anyway. email
>>isnt private anyway unless you use smime or something else, its sent in
>>cleartext between mailservers despite your best intentions of using
>>secure imap or https to read it.
>>
>>> Have a look at the reviews Clear.net beats them all

>>Many complaints from people with self install DSL that are too cheap to
>>get it done properly using a dodgey junk free modem doesnt bother me.
>>All the people I know with xtra DSL that have a proper install are very
>>happy with it, it speedtests well above other ISPs at peak times and
>>they have no issues playing youtube most of the time.

>Telstra Clear net beats them all Cable that is and with a 2Mbs upload
>speed
>
>>> And I use the ISP mail like a large number of my friends, I get very
>>> turned off when I see Web mail contacts.

>>Good to know that I wont be turning you on with my email address
>>
>>I get worried when I see places that use ISP addresses for business use.
>>Basically it shows they are really cheap and clueless. People using it

>Not Clueless but Brains, most Bisenes that I have come acroos all over
>the World DO NOT USE WEB MAIL..

Bisenes Roger?
I thought they became extinct at the end of the Plasticene age.

>Me thinks you have not used the Intenet long..

I think that you think that people don't know you are Roger Sheppard, clown of
237 known aliases.

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
Frank Williams wrote:

> >I get worried when I see places that use ISP addresses for business use.
> >Basically it shows they are really cheap and clueless. People using it

> Not Clueless but Brains, most Bisenes that I have come acroos all over
> the World DO NOT USE WEB MAIL..

Hello, Roger Sheppard

Having an ISP address is not the same as using web mail.

Having an ISP address is having a email address like http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
where the part to the right of the @ belongs to an ISP and not to the business.

An email depresses for business use should be like (E-Mail Removed)
where the part to the right of the @ belongs to the business.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Enkidu

On 17/12/11 18:15, Frank Williams wrote:

> Have a look at the reviews Clear.net beats them all

Paid for by TelstraClear no doubt.

Cheers,

Cliff

Donchano

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Telstra Clear net beats them all Cable that is and with a 2Mbs upload
>speed

Not here. Not with me. Not in my experience with both Clear and Xtra.
I still have a substantial credit with ClearNet. I will probably never
use it, but it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to see them
having to mail a credit statement to me every month. It sort of makes
up for the miserable service they provide.

Even though I had many problems with Xtra in the past, I MUCH prefer
their service and features and have so for several years.

BTW - Roger, my download speed is much faster than 2mbs with Xtra.
Much.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)d, Donchano says...

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, Frank Williams
> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>

> >Telstra Clear net beats them all Cable that is and with a 2Mbs upload
> >speed

> Not here. Not with me. Not in my experience with both Clear and Xtra.
> I still have a substantial credit with ClearNet. I will probably never
> use it, but it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to see them
> having to mail a credit statement to me every month. It sort of makes
> up for the miserable service they provide.
>
> Even though I had many problems with Xtra in the past, I MUCH prefer
> their service and features and have so for several years.
>
> BTW - Roger, my download speed is much faster than 2mbs with Xtra.
> Much.

*upload*

However, I sorta agree. I've been on cable for a few years now (about 8
years?), and my Mum's Xtra connection thrashes it for download speed
*regularly* - infact every time I visit I find it's bloody damn fast.
Sometimes near twice the speed (2 MBs vs 1 (that's mega bytes, not
bits)). Sure, at times I can get 1.4. Very dissapointing I think. My
Mum's neighbour, ironically, can not get ADSL at all! - and is stuck on
Woosh wireless. She had the phone with them as well (cheaper all up),
but it was too unreliable and went back to a Telecom phoneline and Woosh
wireless broadband.

What's a good NZ speed test site? - and I'll post my results.

IIRC, my last upload speed test was around 600KB/s - also very
dissapointing given the rated 2mbs.

On the plus side, TC dropped the pricing recently - on the minus, it
probably brings it more in line with the general competition (it's been
too expensive for too long). Also on the plus side is the static IP and
reverse pointers - all good to go for a mail server (as well as web
servers, FTP etc etc). And allowed

--
Duncan.

Enkidu

On 20/12/11 00:30, Dave Doe wrote:

> What's a good NZ speed test site? - and I'll post my results.

They are indicative only. The speed depends on the narrowest bandwidth
and highest latency device between you and the test server.

Cheers,

Cliff

victor

On 20/12/2011 12:30 a.m., Dave Doe wrote:
> In article<(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)d, Donchano says...
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, Frank Williams
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>

>>> Telstra Clear net beats them all Cable that is and with a 2Mbs upload
>>> speed

>> Not here. Not with me. Not in my experience with both Clear and Xtra.
>> I still have a substantial credit with ClearNet. I will probably never
>> use it, but it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to see them
>> having to mail a credit statement to me every month. It sort of makes
>> up for the miserable service they provide.
>>
>> Even though I had many problems with Xtra in the past, I MUCH prefer
>> their service and features and have so for several years.
>>
>> BTW - Roger, my download speed is much faster than 2mbs with Xtra.
>> Much.

> *upload*
>
> However, I sorta agree. I've been on cable for a few years now (about 8
> years?), and my Mum's Xtra connection thrashes it for download speed
> *regularly* - infact every time I visit I find it's bloody damn fast.
> Sometimes near twice the speed (2 MBs vs 1 (that's mega bytes, not
> bits)). Sure, at times I can get 1.4. Very dissapointing I think. My
> Mum's neighbour, ironically, can not get ADSL at all! - and is stuck on
> Woosh wireless. She had the phone with them as well (cheaper all up),
> but it was too unreliable and went back to a Telecom phoneline and Woosh
> wireless broadband.
>
> What's a good NZ speed test site? - and I'll post my results.
>
> IIRC, my last upload speed test was around 600KB/s - also very
> dissapointing given the rated 2mbs.
>
> On the plus side, TC dropped the pricing recently - on the minus, it
> probably brings it more in line with the general competition (it's been
> too expensive for too long). Also on the plus side is the static IP and
> reverse pointers - all good to go for a mail server (as well as web
> servers, FTP etc etc). And allowed

I'm using naked TC cable at the moment and 2talk for phone, which is
$65.95 per month plus $7 for the voip number.
For the same from Telecom I would be paying $115 per month not including
the voip which has more features than their phone package.
I would get higher speed on Telecom DSL, their map shows VDSL cabinets
in our street. But the money.
This is for the Lightspeed which is supposed to be 15Mbps/2Mbps, so yeah
I get nothing like their advertised rate
Download Speed: 7610 kbps (951.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1716 kbps (214.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 9 ms

Dave Doe

In article <jcoe48$ece$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), victor
says...

> On 20/12/2011 12:30 a.m., Dave Doe wrote:
> > In article<(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed)d, Donchano says...
> >>
> >> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, Frank Williams
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

> >> Not here. Not with me. Not in my experience with both Clear and Xtra.
> >> I still have a substantial credit with ClearNet. I will probably never
> >> use it, but it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to see them
> >> having to mail a credit statement to me every month. It sort of makes
> >> up for the miserable service they provide.
> >>
> >> Even though I had many problems with Xtra in the past, I MUCH prefer
> >> their service and features and have so for several years.
> >>
> >> BTW - Roger, my download speed is much faster than 2mbs with Xtra.
> >> Much.

> > *upload*
> >
> > However, I sorta agree. I've been on cable for a few years now (about 8
> > years?), and my Mum's Xtra connection thrashes it for download speed
> > *regularly* - infact every time I visit I find it's bloody damn fast.
> > Sometimes near twice the speed (2 MBs vs 1 (that's mega bytes, not
> > bits)). Sure, at times I can get 1.4. Very dissapointing I think. My
> > Mum's neighbour, ironically, can not get ADSL at all! - and is stuck on
> > Woosh wireless. She had the phone with them as well (cheaper all up),
> > but it was too unreliable and went back to a Telecom phoneline and Woosh
> > wireless broadband.
> >
> > What's a good NZ speed test site? - and I'll post my results.
> >
> > IIRC, my last upload speed test was around 600KB/s - also very
> > dissapointing given the rated 2mbs.
> >
> > On the plus side, TC dropped the pricing recently - on the minus, it
> > probably brings it more in line with the general competition (it's been
> > too expensive for too long). Also on the plus side is the static IP and
> > reverse pointers - all good to go for a mail server (as well as web
> > servers, FTP etc etc). And allowed
> >

> I'm using naked TC cable at the moment and 2talk for phone, which is
> $65.95 per month plus $7 for the voip number.
> For the same from Telecom I would be paying $115 per month not including
> the voip which has more features than their phone package.
> I would get higher speed on Telecom DSL, their map shows VDSL cabinets
> in our street. But the money.
> This is for the Lightspeed which is supposed to be 15Mbps/2Mbps, so yeah
> I get nothing like their advertised rate
> Download Speed: 7610 kbps (951.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
> Upload Speed: 1716 kbps (214.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
> Latency: 9 ms

That sounds about typical speeds for me too.

--
Duncan.

Frank Williams

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 00:30:55 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed), Donchano says...
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:17:43 +1300, Frank Williams
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>

>> >Telstra Clear net beats them all Cable that is and with a 2Mbs upload
>> >speed

>> Not here. Not with me. Not in my experience with both Clear and Xtra.
>> I still have a substantial credit with ClearNet. I will probably never
>> use it, but it gives me a certain amount of pleasure to see them
>> having to mail a credit statement to me every month. It sort of makes
>> up for the miserable service they provide.
>>
>> Even though I had many problems with Xtra in the past, I MUCH prefer
>> their service and features and have so for several years.
>>
>> BTW - Roger, my download speed is much faster than 2mbs with Xtra.
>> Much.

>*upload*
>
>However, I sorta agree. I've been on cable for a few years now (about 8
>years?), and my Mum's Xtra connection thrashes it for download speed
>*regularly* - infact every time I visit I find it's bloody damn fast.
>Sometimes near twice the speed (2 MBs vs 1 (that's mega bytes, not
>bits)). Sure, at times I can get 1.4. Very dissapointing I think. My
>Mum's neighbour, ironically, can not get ADSL at all! - and is stuck on
>Woosh wireless. She had the phone with them as well (cheaper all up),
>but it was too unreliable and went back to a Telecom phoneline and Woosh
>wireless broadband.
>
>What's a good NZ speed test site? - and I'll post my results.
>
>IIRC, my last upload speed test was around 600KB/s - also very
>dissapointing given the rated 2mbs.
>
>On the plus side, TC dropped the pricing recently - on the minus, it
>probably brings it more in line with the general competition (it's been
>too expensive for too long). Also on the plus side is the static IP and
>reverse pointers - all good to go for a mail server (as well as web
>servers, FTP etc etc). And allowed

I have just changed my Router so don't know if its optimized yet, but
this site http://myspeed.visualware.com/ gives me 2.08 Mbps Upload and
25.6 Mbps Dnload to a server in Sydney.

My Plane shows a 15Mbps dnload, I can plug in my old router and see what
I get.

I do have a local program that I cant seem to find at the moments

A resent NZ test on ISPs gave TelstraClear.net cable as the fastest
with Xtra a close second.