Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > ANN: new blog "Lessons in Windows API programming (C++)"

ANN: new blog "Lessons in Windows API programming (C++)"

Fred Zwarts \(KVI\)

"Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>On 13/12/2011 15:06, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
>> "Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> More bullshit. Meta-discussions relating to newsgroup policy are not
>>> off-topic.

>> And where did you read that?

>And where did you read yours?

"Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>On 13/12/2011 15:06, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
>> "Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> More bullshit. Meta-discussions relating to newsgroup policy are not
>>> off-topic.

>> And where did you read that?

>And where did you read yours?

The Welcome message that is posted each week states:

"First of all, please keep in mind that comp.lang.c++ is a group for
discussion
of general issues of the C++ programming language, as defined by the
ANSI/ISO
language standard. "

It does not include meta discussions.
If you allow yourself to add other topics, why forbid other people to add
their topics?

Richard

Leigh Johnston <(E-Mail Removed)> spake the secret code
<(E-Mail Removed)> thusly:

>Still off-topic.

Still whiny and not helpful.
--
"The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline" -- DirectX 9 version available for download

Fred Zwarts \(KVI\)

"Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>On 13/12/2011 16:14, Fred Zwarts (KVI) wrote:
>> "Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> And where did you read yours?

>> "Leigh Johnston" wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> And where did you read yours?

>> The Welcome message that is posted each week states:
>>
>> "First of all, please keep in mind that comp.lang.c++ is a group for
>> discussion
>> of general issues of the C++ programming language, as defined by the
>> ANSI/ISO
>> language standard. "
>>
>> It does not include meta discussions.
>> If you allow yourself to add other topics, why forbid other people to
>> add their topics?

>Posting that a post is off-topic is not off-topic in exactly the same way
>that the "Welcome message" you mention is itself not off-topic.
>
>/Leigh

Please, try to understand FAQ 5.12:
"An extended flame war against an off-topic posting is just as off-topic as
the original off-topic posting."