Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ACROBAT READER X THUMBNAILS IN WINDOWS EXPLORER

ACROBAT READER X THUMBNAILS IN WINDOWS EXPLORER

Richard

OS = Windows 7, Professional 64bit, SP1
Acrobat Reader X (32bit?) AcroRd32.exe

I don't think that there is a 64-bit Acrobat Reader.

In Windows Explorer instead of getting a regular thumbnail of the first page
of the pdf file, I get the generic Acrobat PDF icon. What do I have to do to
get file thumbnails?

What I already tried.

1. Changing the pdf file association to notepad and than back to Acrobat
Reader.
2. Using Disk Cleanup, delete the Thumbnail Cache.
3. Repairing Acrobat Reader X.
4. Uninstalling and than reinstalling Acrobat Reader X.

I don't remember if this problem started showing up with AR X or if it
existed with earlier version. Maybe I need to go back to AR 9.

Any help, greatly appreciated.
--
Richard

Dominic Payer