Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Real Player Alternative and Mozilla probs

Real Player Alternative and Mozilla probs

dw

I am using Mozilla 1.3 and recently installed Real Player Alternative.
The installation asked if I wished to link to Mozilla ... which I
accepted. However it is not started if I click on the audio files.

When I click on a WWW audio file link, I do get the dialogue box asking
if I wish to use the default helper application for M3U files, and the
default helper application is correctly identified as the new RealPlayer
Alternative. The Edit/Preferences/Helper Applications shows the correct
program path for that file type. However what actually runs is my
existing Windows Media Player.

Anyone any ideas???
TIA, dw

dw

dw wrote:
> I am using Mozilla 1.3 and recently installed Real Player Alternative.
> The installation asked if I wished to link to Mozilla ... which I
> accepted. However it is not started if I click on the audio files.
>
> When I click on a WWW audio file link, I do get the dialogue box asking
> if I wish to use the default helper application for M3U files, and the
> default helper application is correctly identified as the new RealPlayer
> Alternative. The Edit/Preferences/Helper Applications shows the correct
> program path for that file type. However what actually runs is my
> existing Windows Media Player.
>
> Anyone any ideas???
> TIA, dw

A reply to myself .... when I attempt to associate the filetype with the
downloaded file (rather than play it directly) I get an error message
saying Media Player Classic 'class' is not registered .....