Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > an XML-based format with semantics like RFC 5322 (RFC 822)?

an XML-based format with semantics like RFC 5322 (RFC 822)?

Ivan Shmakov

I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

The idea is to be able to exchange digitally-signed XML
documents (as per [1]) via e-mail and otherwise, and have all
the essential parts of the e-mail header reside in the
(digitally signed) XML document itself.

(The ultimate idea is to unify e-mail, NetNews, Wiki's, blog's,
bug trackers, etc. over a single XML-based representation.)

TIA.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/

--
FSF associate member #7257

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Ivan Shmakov wrote in comp.text.xml:
> I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
> elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
> fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

There have been a number of efforts, as far I am aware they all died.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kly...-rfc822-xml-03 is one.
--
Björn Höhrmann · (E-Mail Removed) · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de

Ivan Shmakov

>> I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
>> elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
>> fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

> There have been a number of efforts, as far I am aware they all died.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kly...-rfc822-xml-03 is one.

ACK. Thanks!

--
FSF associate member #7257

Kari Hurtta

Ivan Shmakov <(E-Mail Removed)> writes at comp.mail.misc:

> I wonder, is there an XML-based format, providing a set of
> elements similar to the RFC 5322 (RFC 822) standard header
> fields (i. e., Subject:, From:, Message-Id:, etc.)?

Someone may have put mail headers to XML (and I think that I have seen that some times),
but I do not think that that is standardized.

> The idea is to be able to exchange digitally-signed XML
> documents (as per [1]) via e-mail and otherwise, and have all
> the essential parts of the e-mail header reside in the
> (digitally signed) XML document itself.
>
> (The ultimate idea is to unify e-mail, NetNews, Wiki's, blog's,
> bug trackers, etc. over a single XML-based representation.)
>
> TIA.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/
>
> --
> FSF associate member #7257