Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Outlook can't find an address to delete it

Outlook can't find an address to delete it

Joe J

I'm using Office Outlook 2007.

One of my contacts changed his email address and I've updated my address
book with his new address. The problem is the auto-fill is still bringing
up the old one first and I can't figure where to delete it.

It doesn't show up anywhere in my contacts, just the new one, in the address
book when I do a search contacts.

Outlook says "presence unknown" if I put the old one on the "TO" line and
then click on properties. Asks me if I want to add to contacts! $#%%

- Bobb -

When it autofills, right-click on the name and click PROPERTIES.
Wherever that brings you, change to new email address.

I've had that happen when I had Smith, John as a second contact and updated
"John Smith". ( because he sent me email from both in the past and I have
set to auto-add)

"Joe J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jbo6i6$pqj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Office Outlook 2007.
>
> One of my contacts changed his email address and I've updated my address
> book with his new address. The problem is the auto-fill is still bringing
> up the old one first and I can't figure where to delete it.
>
> It doesn't show up anywhere in my contacts, just the new one, in the
> address book when I do a search contacts.
>
> Outlook says "presence unknown" if I put the old one on the "TO" line and
> then click on properties. Asks me if I want to add to contacts! $#%%

Joe J

news:jboe39$iht$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When it autofills, right-click on the name and click PROPERTIES.
> Wherever that brings you, change to new email address.
>
> I've had that happen when I had Smith, John as a second contact and
> updated "John Smith". ( because he sent me email from both in the past and
> I have set to auto-add)
>

> "Joe J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jbo6i6$pqj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm using Office Outlook 2007.
>>
>> One of my contacts changed his email address and I've updated my address
>> book with his new address. The problem is the auto-fill is still
>> bringing up the old one first and I can't figure where to delete it.
>>
>> It doesn't show up anywhere in my contacts, just the new one, in the
>> address book when I do a search contacts.
>>
>> Outlook says "presence unknown" if I put the old one on the "TO" line and
>> then click on properties. Asks me if I want to add to contacts! $#%%

Not sure what I did but it is fixed. I think I added the one that wasn't
there back into my contacts, then deleted it.