Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Import

Import

Paul

What seems to be a missing component in Mozilla is the ability to import
from existing Mozilla mail folders.

After having a drive cable fail on me last weekend, I've gone through
the process of recovery (from the media and backup) and a complete OS &
app re-install.

For the business e-mail I use Outlook 2002, all I need do is import the
old .pst files and I'm back in business. Similarly, I can perform the
task in Outlook Express too (I use it for user support). Nowhere though
can I find a way to import from an earlier install of Mozilla, from
Eudora, Netscape 4.x etc, but not Mozilla or Netscape 6.*/7.*.

Any help would be great, as Mozilla is my preferred, personal browser
and mail client.

Cheers,

Paul

Please reply to the group only.

Paul Furman

Create the folders with matching names inside mozilla then shut down mozilla
and copy the files over in explorer.

I think this can be done with the root account but I'm not sure, I just
finished going through each manually. Subfolders will be copied. Don't
bother copying the .msf files.

Look for these folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\your-windows-login-name\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\your-profile-name

news:3f5529af$(E-Mail Removed)...