Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IE 7 talks to me!!!

IE 7 talks to me!!!

~misfit~

I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff as my
daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing history and
cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open it.

I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in frustration. I
Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does anyone know what's going
on?

TIA.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Dave Doe

In article <jb6m4q$p7s$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), ~misfit~ says...

> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff as my
> daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing history and
> cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open it.
>
> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in frustration. I
> Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does anyone know what's going
> on?
>
> TIA.

You don't mention the OS, but... Start, Narrator? - check the settings
there?

And why IE7? - it's old!

--
Duncan.

Stephen Worthington

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:44:07 +1300, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff as my
>daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing history and
>cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open it.
>
>I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in frustration. I
>Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does anyone know what's going
>on?
>
>TIA.

It might not be IE doing that - it might be your virus protection
software.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <jb6m4q$p7s$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed), ~misfit~ says...
>>
>> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff
>> as my daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing
>> history and cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open
>> it.
>>
>> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in
>> frustration. I Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does
>> anyone know what's going on?
>>
>> TIA.

> You don't mention the OS, but... Start, Narrator? - check the settings
> there?

XP Pro, 32-bit.

> And why IE7? - it's old!

I had issues with IE 8.

Cheers,
--

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:44:07 +1300, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff
>> as my daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing
>> history and cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open
>> it.
>>
>> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in
>> frustration. I Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does
>> anyone know what's going on?
>>
>> TIA.

> It might not be IE doing that - it might be your virus protection
> software.

Aha! Good point. I use Avast free, I'll check in a while (gotta go rest).
Surely it wouldn't do it *everytime* though? Perhaps I need to set up the
'zone' or whatever MS call it?

Thanks for the clue, it seems I'm short of them of late.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Dave Doe

In article <jb7dck$me$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed),
~misfit~ says...

> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> > In article <jb6m4q$p7s$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed), ~misfit~ says...
> >>
> >> I'm damn annoyed with IE7. Everytime I start it (not often, I use Ff
> >> as my daily browser) it tells me, audiably, how to clear my browsing
> >> history and cookies. Not good if I'm playing music loud when I open
> >> it.
> >>
> >> I've looked for the option to turn it off but gave up in
> >> frustration. I Googled it but didn't have any luck either. Does
> >> anyone know what's going on?
> >>
> >> TIA.

> > You don't mention the OS, but... Start, Narrator? - check the settings
> > there?

> XP Pro, 32-bit.
>
> > And why IE7? - it's old!

> I had issues with IE 8.
>
> Cheers,

OK, well try Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Sound (tab).

--
Duncan.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <jb7dck$me$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed), ~misfit~ says...
>>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:

[snip]
>>> And why IE7? - it's old!

>> I had issues with IE 8.
>>
>> Cheers,

> OK, well try Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Sound (tab).

No luck there either. This has me puzzled.