Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Some Nice Memory Profiler for C++

Some Nice Memory Profiler for C++

Abhi

Hi,

The Memory Profilers available for Java are kind of awesome, be it
JProfiler or JVisualVM. These profilers even show you the number of
instance of each type of Object allocated in the Heap. I feel C++
lacks similar kind of tools. I tried using Valgrind, Purify, but I did
not find them good enough. Could you please suggest me some good
profilers for C++ (on Linux), I am basically interested in finding how
many and what kind of variables are there in the heap.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Daniel

On Nov 25, 6:03*am, Abhi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Memory Profilers available for Java are kind of awesome, be it
> JProfiler or JVisualVM. These profilers even show you the number of
> instance of each type of Object allocated in the Heap. I feel C++
> lacks similar kind of tools. I tried using Valgrind, Purify, but I did
> not find them good enough. Could you please suggest me some good
> profilers for C++ (on Linux), I am basically interested in finding how
> many and what kind of variables are there in the heap.

If you have a Mac around "Instruments" (part of the Apple developer
tools) does a very nice job tracking allocations and frees and
relating them to lines in the source code where they were allocated.
It also does CPU profiling and all sorts of other resource tracking.
--Daniel

Easy Profiler - Compile-time profiler for C++ potatosoftware C++ 0 11-04-2009 04:46 PM
Simple multithreaded profiler using decorators fails on some built-inmethods k3xji Python 0 12-15-2008 08:13 PM
NewEgg has some nice prices today for Flash Memory Cards Bob AZ Digital Photography 7 01-12-2008 03:06 PM
some profiler questions Mac Python 1 06-09-2005 07:08 PM
memory profiler recommendation Matthew Fleming Java 2 05-06-2004 12:38 AM

Advertisments