Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Bowser Retiring

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: [SI] Bowser Retiring

 
 
Walter Banks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2011
I am sorry to hear that. You have brought us some interesting mandates
and attracted some interesting submissions. I know that the monthly
stream of abuse and whining makes you feel sore and tired.

Take it from me, I for one appreciate what you have done.

Walter..


Bowser wrote:

> OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
> Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
> the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
> think it needs some new blood.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2011
On 11/25/2011 11:33 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:10:41 -0500, Walter Banks
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry to hear that. You have brought us some interesting mandates
>> and attracted some interesting submissions. I know that the monthly
>> stream of abuse and whining makes you feel sore and tired.

>
> Honestly, the trolls have nothing to to with it. I just feel I've gone
> stale, and the shoot-in needs something new. It's been a good run, and
> I've enjoyed it, but I need to step aside.
>
> FWIW, I think anyone my age has had to deal with the likes of 'net
> trolls for their entire life. Their like is nothing new, and they'll
> be around forever, internet or not. We've all had to deal with those
> whose entire lot in life seems to be to tear down what others
> accomplish, while they themselves accomplish nothing. They need to
> knock someone else down in order to make themselves feel better. They
> come from all walks of life, and are, at best, pathetic. I've chosen,
> for the most part, to ignore them.
>
> I plan to continue tp participate in the discussions here, and I'm
> hoping someone else will give it a go with the shoot-in. If not, no
> big deal. There's lots of other "shoot-ins" available, like the
> challenges on DP Review. But even those have gone stale and some of
> the topics haven't even drawn a single submitter.
>
> Anyway, I plan to try and shoot a few pix for the last mandate, as
> always, and wait for the comments that usually follow, which are my
> favorite part. Always nice to hear another opinion, positive or
> "constructive."
>
>>
>> Take it from me, I for one appreciate what you have done.
>>
>> Walter..
>>
>>
>> Bowser wrote:
>>
>>> OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
>>> Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
>>> the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
>>> think it needs some new blood.


I understand burnout well. But the trolls accelerate the process, no
matter how much you claim they don't.


--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2011
On 11/25/2011 7:13 PM, Bowser wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:06:21 -0500, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 11/25/2011 11:33 AM, Bowser wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:10:41 -0500, Walter Banks
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am sorry to hear that. You have brought us some interesting mandates
>>>> and attracted some interesting submissions. I know that the monthly
>>>> stream of abuse and whining makes you feel sore and tired.
>>>
>>> Honestly, the trolls have nothing to to with it. I just feel I've gone
>>> stale, and the shoot-in needs something new. It's been a good run, and
>>> I've enjoyed it, but I need to step aside.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I think anyone my age has had to deal with the likes of 'net
>>> trolls for their entire life. Their like is nothing new, and they'll
>>> be around forever, internet or not. We've all had to deal with those
>>> whose entire lot in life seems to be to tear down what others
>>> accomplish, while they themselves accomplish nothing. They need to
>>> knock someone else down in order to make themselves feel better. They
>>> come from all walks of life, and are, at best, pathetic. I've chosen,
>>> for the most part, to ignore them.
>>>
>>> I plan to continue tp participate in the discussions here, and I'm
>>> hoping someone else will give it a go with the shoot-in. If not, no
>>> big deal. There's lots of other "shoot-ins" available, like the
>>> challenges on DP Review. But even those have gone stale and some of
>>> the topics haven't even drawn a single submitter.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I plan to try and shoot a few pix for the last mandate, as
>>> always, and wait for the comments that usually follow, which are my
>>> favorite part. Always nice to hear another opinion, positive or
>>> "constructive."
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Take it from me, I for one appreciate what you have done.
>>>>
>>>> Walter..
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Bowser wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
>>>>> Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
>>>>> the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
>>>>> think it needs some new blood.

>>
>> I understand burnout well. But the trolls accelerate the process, no
>> matter how much you claim they don't.

>
> Truth is, it was them who kept me going for a while. Their constant
> whining about the shoot-in gave me all the reason I needed to at least
> attempt to keep it going. If I could **** them off one more day, I
> feel I succeeded.
>
> They remain irrelevant to me, really.
>
> NYC, eh? Hmm..... I'm only 255 miles away.



Set a date by email. I will give you availability. Also, we try to spend
some time in Maine, or Upstate NY, which is a lot closer. But that's not
until at least late June, at the earliest.


--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2011
Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Truth is, it was them who kept me going for a while. Their constant
>whining about the shoot-in gave me all the reason I needed to at least
>attempt to keep it going. If I could **** them off one more day, I
>feel I succeeded.
>
>They remain irrelevant to me, really.



The last sentence is *totally contradicted* by the previous paragraph!

Conclusion: Bowser is talking crap, as usual.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2011
Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>See if you can follow this:
>
>Your whining kept me going.
>
>YOU are irrelevant.



So I'm the one who kept you going, but I'm irrelevant?

You just won Oxymoron of the Year 2011.


(Conclusion: Bowser is still talking crap, as usual.)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-26-2011
Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:38:53 +0000, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>See if you can follow this:
>>>
>>>Your whining kept me going.
>>>
>>>YOU are irrelevant.

>>
>>
>>So I'm the one who kept you going, but I'm irrelevant?

>
>Last time: the whining of irrelevant trolls gave me reason to keep
>going. Not you. Definitely not you. Good bye, and good, you're
>history.



No, you're history, Bowser.

You took the SI - which was merely mediocre - and turned it into a
complete laughing stock, while studiously ignoring every single
constructive suggestion for improvement.

Good riddance!

 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-27-2011
On 11/25/2011 9:30 PM, Allen wrote:
>
> Bowser, I want to thank you for brightening my life with your mandates,
> the pictures
>
> that are submitted and the often interesting discussions that ensue. I
> have often wanted to join in,
>
> but I am home bound and even bedridden most of the time. I first
> developed a serious interest in photography
>
> at age 11, 71 years ago, and though my activities are severely limited I
> truly enjoy seeing what others
>
> are doing. I hope that someone will take over your highly-paid job and
> keep the mandates flowing.



I don't have the time, perhaps you could take it over even if you can't
participate. It does take some work, though. Talk to Bowser privately
and see if you are able, to do it.


--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-27-2011
Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:52:54 +0000, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:38:53 +0000, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>>Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>>See if you can follow this:
>>>>>
>>>>>Your whining kept me going.
>>>>>
>>>>>YOU are irrelevant.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>So I'm the one who kept you going, but I'm irrelevant?
>>>
>>>Last time: the whining of irrelevant trolls gave me reason to keep
>>>going. Not you. Definitely not you. Good bye, and good, you're
>>>history.

>>
>>
>>No, you're history, Bowser.
>>
>>You took the SI - which was merely mediocre - and turned it into a
>>complete laughing stock, while studiously ignoring every single
>>constructive suggestion for improvement.
>>
>>Good riddance!

>
>Sorry, but everyone here knows you're the laughing stock. All mouth,
>no pictures. Face it: you're a loser now, and always will be one.
>Unless you can post some links to some of your masterpieces?



Funny how you keep replying to someone you claim is irrelevant.



 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-27-2011
On 11/27/2011 8:30 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:46:04 -0500, Alan Browne
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 2011-11-26 14:52 , Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> complete laughing stock:

>>
>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000a.jpg
>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000b.jpg
>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000c.jpg
>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000d.jpg
>>
>> Those certainly are laughing stock. And I don't mean the trains.
>>
>>

>
> Thanks. I forgot just how bad a shooter Polson really is, and was. One
> of the few guys out there that can make us all feel like Ansel Adams
> with his trash.
>
> Loser, with a huge capital "L."


Careful now. You may suffer the worst of all fates. Being plonked by him.

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2011
On 11/27/2011 2:25 PM, Frank S wrote:
>
> "PeterN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4ed28440$0$6881$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...
>> On 11/27/2011 8:30 AM, Bowser wrote:
>>> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:46:04 -0500, Alan Browne
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 2011-11-26 14:52 , Bruce wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> complete laughing stock:
>>>>
>>>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000a.jpg
>>>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000b.jpg
>>>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000c.jpg
>>>> http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000d.jpg
>>>>
>>>> Those certainly are laughing stock. And I don't mean the trains.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks. I forgot just how bad a shooter Polson really is, and was. One
>>> of the few guys out there that can make us all feel like Ansel Adams
>>> with his trash.
>>>
>>> Loser, with a huge capital "L."

>>
>> Careful now. You may suffer the worst of all fates. Being plonked by him.
>>
>>

>
> Wouldn't it be a marvelous thing if the transition from Bowser-led to
> Next (or nothing) became occasion for everyone to plonk or otherwise
> ignore the Polson thing and its mutations?
>


He obviously has a need to feel important. I wonder if our Southern
pronunciation of "impotent" might be the cause of his blustering need.


--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: [SI] Bowser Retiring Vance Digital Photography 3 11-29-2011 10:18 PM
Bowser - SI mandate suggestion tony cooper Digital Photography 9 04-10-2011 10:07 PM
Billy's retiring.... We're Soooo Screwed dominar Computer Security 2 06-22-2006 05:28 PM
Re: Can one write/set a cookie from inside a bowser java applet? Francois Belfort Java 1 08-18-2004 12:39 PM
Re: [SI] Bowser's "local culture" shot Orville Wright Digital Photography 3 06-22-2004 03:55 PM



Advertisments