Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Blue Scren

Blue Scren

solarant solarant is offline
Junior Member

I am running windows xp pro and yesterday I booted the laptop and it booted up fine and ran for about three minutes then I got a blue screen saying a problem was detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage etc etc.
The computer wont stay on long enough to try system restore, and when I try to set safe boot I get a black screen listing system 32 and drivers. When I go to run and do msconfig and try to put a checkmark in safeboot it wont let me and the egg-timer just turns until the laptop shuts down
When the computer boots it displays a a invalid boot ini file, booting from C;windows on top left of screen , then it boots and shuts down as explained above

The technical information on the screen is as follows

stop: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x80637F4D,0xA8A4599C, 0x00000000)
Can anyone help me with this problem