Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > td tag border

td tag border

Jukka K. Korpela

2011-11-23 12:33, Ray_Net wrote:

> There is still a problem on the example number 4 with the little pic of
> one pixel in the cell. With SM the row height is null - with IE9 this
> row have the same height as the others.

It seems that from version 8, IE imposes some minimum height on a cell
that contains an image, even when there is no text in the cell. Firefox
does that, too. I wonder why they have made this change, as it probably
breaks many layouts (though maybe not very seriously).

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Jonathan N. Little

Ray_Net wrote:
> There is still a problem on the example number 4 with the little pic of
> one pixel in the cell. With SM the row height is null

Not in my SeaMonkey! Not even with Mozilla 1.0 the "daddy" of SeaMonkey...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jukka K. Korpela

2011-11-23 17:39, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Ray_Net wrote:
>> There is still a problem on the example number 4 with the little pic of
>> one pixel in the cell. With SM the row height is null

> Not in my SeaMonkey! Not even with Mozilla 1.0 the "daddy" of SeaMonkey...

I can't explain that, but I have now modernized the page
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/emptycells.html
somewhat and added notes about preventing borders.

--

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> 2011-11-23 17:39, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Ray_Net wrote:
>>> There is still a problem on the example number 4 with the little pic of
>>> one pixel in the cell. With SM the row height is null

>> Not in my SeaMonkey! Not even with Mozilla 1.0 the "daddy" of
>> SeaMonkey...

> I can't explain that, but I have now modernized the page
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/emptycells.html
> somewhat and added notes about preventing borders.

Maybe you misunderstood me, the 1px GIF worked just fine in my SeaMonkey
and even an old Mozilla 1.0 that I have running an a VM. This is in
contrast to what Ray wrote, I don't think it is SeaMonkey but some other
factor on his setup...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Ray_Net

In article <jajdka$q2h$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> 2011-11-23 17:39, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
> > Ray_Net wrote:
> >> There is still a problem on the example number 4 with the little pic of
> >> one pixel in the cell. With SM the row height is null

> > Not in my SeaMonkey! Not even with Mozilla 1.0 the "daddy" of SeaMonkey...

> I can't explain that, but I have now modernized the page
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/emptycells.html
> somewhat and added notes about preventing borders.

Now with your new page SM and IE9 rendering is the same.
The two first foo-bar-zap-zip have the center row the same height as the
other. The thirth foo-bar-zap-zip have the center row a very small
height comparing with the others.