Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > the meaning of deprecated

the meaning of deprecated

thedarkman

I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
<center> entirely?

I can't believe that; half the websites on Earth would need recoding.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

thehopelessdarkman wrote:

> I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
> the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
> <center> entirely?

<center> is already deprecated.

> I can't believe that; half the websites on Earth would need recoding.

No they wouldn't, but you would not understand why, as you seem unable to
learn anything.

....including *how to reply* to a post, rather than start completely new
threads all the time, every time you post.

--
-bts

Tim Streater

In article <ja8qr2$uqg$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> thehopelessdarkman wrote:
>
> > I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
> > the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
> > <center> entirely?

> <center> is already deprecated.

And not a moment too soon. It's been replaced by <centre>.

--
Tim

Doug Miller

On 11/19/2011 11:49 AM, thedarkman wrote:
> I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
> the same as obsolete.

No, it does not. Please work on correcting your reading comprehension
problems before posting here again.

William Gill

On 11/19/2011 1:32 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
> In article <ja8qr2$uqg$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> thehopelessdarkman wrote:
>>
>> > I wondered what this word meant in an html context, now I see it means
>> > the same as obsolete. Are they going to phase out such codes as
>> > <center> entirely?

>> <center> is already deprecated.

> And not a moment too soon. It's been replaced by <centre>.

Only in some parts of the world.