Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: worth it to have connector soldered?

Re: worth it to have connector soldered?

me again

bpuharic wrote:
> Had very nice laptop. Dog jumped into lap, and knocked it to floor,
> breaking the power connector off the motherboard
>
> this was a nice computer....is it worth trying to resolder connector
> to motherboard? are there traces to be soldered? AFAIK it's just the
> connector...the MB itself is fine (computer runs on batteries)

Follow 'Vanguard's advice.

> OR could I get a battery replacement that would provide power via the
> battery from 110V?

I think you are describing a gizmo that plugs into the wall socket (110v in USA)
AND plugs into the battery position. Interesting idea but those don't exist for
computers AFAIK.