Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Can't compile with Turbo C 4.5 Winsock

Can't compile with Turbo C 4.5 Winsock

Moe

Whenever I try to use a winsock function I always get an undefined symbol
error even with winsock.h included. I'm not used to borland but it doesn't
have a winsock.lib. Even when I downloaded the winsock dev from
www.sockets.com and put those in I still get those errors. I made a
project and inserted winsock.lib and STILL got them. How do I use winsock
functions with it?

jacob navia

Le 13/11/11 14:31, Moe a écrit :
> Whenever I try to use a winsock function I always get an undefined symbol
> error even with winsock.h included. I'm not used to borland but it doesn't
> have a winsock.lib. Even when I downloaded the winsock dev from
> www.sockets.com and put those in I still get those errors. I made a
> project and inserted winsock.lib and STILL got them. How do I use winsock
> functions with it?

That compiler is something like 15-20 years old. Use a newer version of
borland C.

Rich Webb

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:31:24 +0000 (UTC), Moe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whenever I try to use a winsock function I always get an undefined symbol
>error even with winsock.h included. I'm not used to borland but it doesn't
>have a winsock.lib. Even when I downloaded the winsock dev from
>www.sockets.com and put those in I still get those errors. I made a
>project and inserted winsock.lib and STILL got them. How do I use winsock
>functions with it?

I don't recall if Turbo C had this utility but later Borland C/C++
versions included an "implib" utility that would build an import library
from a given DLL into the format that Borland used. The .lib file format
may be the problem.

implib options library_name dll

where options is -a, prepend underscores; -c, warn on case sensitive
symbols; -f, force import by name; -w, suppress warnings.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA