Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony NEX-7 could end up back-ordered for several months

Sony NEX-7 could end up back-ordered for several months

Bruce

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:09:55 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>According to one source, based on demand and the production disruption
>due to the floods.

Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. Europe and the Far East
would have to wait until production resumes.

RichA

According to one source, based on demand and the production disruption
due to the floods.

Robert Coe

:
: Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
: with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. Europe and the Far East
: would have to wait until production resumes.

I can understand that decision. They probably hope to avoid a barrage of
complaints from Rich.

Bob

Robert Coe

:
: >:
: >: Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
: >: with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. Europe and the Far East
: >: would have to wait until production resumes.
: >
: >I can understand that decision. They probably hope to avoid a barrage of
: >complaints from Rich.
: >
: >Bob
:
: Not just Rich. The boards at DP Review are lit up.
:
: I've decided to take a step back and wait. I'd love one, but I hate
: playing the waiting game, and I don't want to buy a unit that was
: rushed, which I think is possible. Also, I'd like to see the IQ before
: I put down some cash. In the meantime, I'll suffer with the 5D II.

You poor fellow. We all feel your pain.

(I mean that metaphorically, of course. I believe you did tell us that actual
back pain was why you wanted a lighter camera. And having almost destroyed my
neck and back muscles lugging a heavy camera bag around the HotC Regatta, I'm
very sympathetic!)

Bob

RichA

On Nov 11, 6:30*am, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:46:25 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> : On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:09:55 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>:wrote:
>
> : >According to one source, based on demand and the production disruption
> : >due to the floods.
> :
> : Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
> : with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. *Europe and the Far East
> : would have to wait until production resumes.
>
> I can understand that decision. They probably hope to avoid a barrage of
> complaints from Rich.
>
> Bob

Click-whirrr, "I am a company man, I do not criticize my company, life
is grand, there was nothing improper going on at O-lym-pus..."
whirrr...