Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > No fread and fwrite for wide characters?

No fread and fwrite for wide characters?

Phil Carmody

Ike Naar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On 2011-11-11, Phil Carmody <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Lauri Alanko <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >>
> >> They certainly do, since as you quoted, fwrite is just a utility for
> >> looping fputc()-calls.

> > What are you gibbering about?
> >
> > size_t fwrite(const void * restrict ptr,
> > size_t size, size_t nmemb,
> > FILE * restrict stream);
> >
> > There is precisely *nothing* related to the characters one sends to fputc
> > in that function declaration. End of. Any attempts to counter my argument
> > are, like *ptr, void.

> 7.19.3 p12:
> The byte output functions write characters to the stream as if
> by successive calls to the fputc function.
>
> fwrite is one of the byte output functions (7.19.1 p5).

You're right, and I retract and apologise. In this case, I believe I've
probably misinterpreted something said way earlier in the thread which
the above would also contradict, and which when I saw going unchallenged
I took as true. Maybe I'm misingerpreting the *whole thread*, as that p12
seems to be the immediate answer to everything. Thanks for hunting it
out and so succinctly correcting my unacceptable error.

Phil

-- Dennis Ritchie (1941-2011), Unix Co-Creator

fread fwrite struct janssenssimon@hotmail.com C Programming 4 03-31-2006 05:47 AM
Portable use of fread/fwrite with structs mazsx C Programming 2 11-11-2005 03:55 PM
Re: fread/fwrite Bits CBFalconer C Programming 0 01-03-2004 04:02 AM
fread / fwrite error C Programming 9 08-07-2003 07:42 PM
problem using fread, fwrite, and fsetpos Brady C Programming 8 07-20-2003 11:49 PM

Advertisments