Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Onecard survey webpage problem

Onecard survey webpage problem

Your Name

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >"Your Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> <snip>
> >> I get a similar reaction whenever I'm asked for a mobile phone number ...
> >> but I really don't have, nor need nor want, a mobile phone.

> >I don't have a mobile either. I would only need it to talk with Hubby when
> >I'm out of the house.
> >We have St John's button for health emergencies.
> >But if I had a boat, or went for long tramps in the bush, I would get a
> >mobile.

> .. although reception in some of the 'non urban' areas isn't all that
> great.

It is according to Telecom NZ's adverts ... you can even drop someone off
on a shipping container in the middle of the ocean and still get reception
(could be handy down in Tauranga at the moment).

Your Name

In article <j9f1i7$hl7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

> In article

<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:34:42 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
> >> from the highest rooftop:

versions of
> >> Could it be becuase broadband isn't available everywhere in their
> >> network?

> >Not to mention the fact that "Broadband" is at least three to four times
> >more expensive, and for some people it is completely unnecessary.

> .. more if your dialup is free.
> It's just not that much better yet. Maybe when we have something a little
> faster with reasonable data charges ?

I don't think there is anyone offering free dial-up connections any more
(you even have to pay extra for using your "included" dial-up connection
when your broadband connection is broken). :-\

Dave Doe

In article <yourname-0911111615210001@203-118-185-
178.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz>, (E-Mail Removed), Your Name says...

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Dave
> Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <yourname-0911111326530001@203-118-184-
> > 13.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz>, (E-Mail Removed), Your Name says...

> > > running

> minute
> > >
> > > Yep, and the old "Done that, now what" when your computer is in another
> > > room and not even turned on. Keeps them puzzling as to why they can't hack
> > > in.

> > The couple or three times they've rung me, they want you to open your
> > browser and go to the logmein website and enter an account number.
> >
> > I think the least (we should all do) is get the logmein account number
> > (or other remote control account ID), so that you can report it to the
> > remote control company (eg logmein).
> >
> > That's what I did.

> You don't actually need to log in right then though - just write down the
> account ID on a piece of paper (you remember that ancient technology?).

Yep, definately didn't *do* the logon! - just got the account number

--
Duncan.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
>In article <j9f191$hl7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>> In article <j9d0dq$42m$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Geopelia"

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >"Your Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I don't have a mobile either. I would only need it to talk with Hubby when
>> >I'm out of the house.
>> >We have St John's button for health emergencies.
>> >But if I had a boat, or went for long tramps in the bush, I would get a
>> >mobile.

>> .. although reception in some of the 'non urban' areas isn't all that
>> great.

>It is according to Telecom NZ's adverts ... you can even drop someone off
>on a shipping container in the middle of the ocean and still get reception
>(could be handy down in Tauranga at the moment).

Yes, well. While that add was great, it was also a lie (proven by someone
trying at that distance about in that spot IIRC). Funny isn't it ... we not
only accept lying in ads ... we expect it.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
>In article <j9f1i7$hl7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>> In article

><(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:

>versions of

> slightly
>> >Not to mention the fact that "Broadband" is at least three to four times
>> >more expensive, and for some people it is completely unnecessary.

>> .. more if your dialup is free.
>> It's just not that much better yet. Maybe when we have something a little
>> faster with reasonable data charges ?

>I don't think there is anyone offering free dial-up connections any more
>(you even have to pay extra for using your "included" dial-up connection
>when your broadband connection is broken). :-\

Then you'd be wrong. If you have your line and tolls through actrix, your
dialup is free. Even before that it was a whole 0.5 c/minute

Your Name

In article <j9fi0t$dkl$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
> In article

<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
> >In article <j9f1i7$hl7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
> >> In article

> ><(E-Mail Removed)>,

> >versions of

all (via

> > slightly
> >>
> >> .. more if your dialup is free.
> >> It's just not that much better yet. Maybe when we have something a little
> >> faster with reasonable data charges ?

> >I don't think there is anyone offering free dial-up connections any more
> >(you even have to pay extra for using your "included" dial-up connection
> >when your broadband connection is broken). :-\

> Then you'd be wrong. If you have your line and tolls through actrix, your
> dialup is free. Even before that it was a whole 0.5 c/minute

I don't really call that free - they've simply included the cost in the
price of the overall bundle. There used to be a company that did provide
real free dial-up, but they closed it down.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
>In article <j9fi0t$dkl$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>> In article

><(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
>> ><(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> >versions of

>all (via
>> > slightly

>> >I don't think there is anyone offering free dial-up connections any more
>> >(you even have to pay extra for using your "included" dial-up connection
>> >when your broadband connection is broken). :-\

>> Then you'd be wrong. If you have your line and tolls through actrix, your
>> dialup is free. Even before that it was a whole 0.5 c/minute

>I don't really call that free - they've simply included the cost in the
>price of the overall bundle. There used to be a company that did provide
>real free dial-up, but they closed it down.

... weeellll ... while I might generally agree with you, the dial up access
costs me nothuing extra, so to me, it looks "free". Appreciate that
marketing by any other name ...

johnstone.family@gmail.com

I have tried going to the website for that survey, but was unable to. Maybe I wrote it down wrong, but I don't think so.

Helen

On Monday, November 7, 2011 1:33:38 PM UTC+13, Geopelia wrote:
> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and getting a
>
> message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says there
>
> is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the top
>
> left of the page.
>
> (It's only for Onecard customers)
>

> Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the webpage
>
> and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
>

> I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
>

> Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
>

> It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm about to
>
> place an order.
>

> Thank you
>

> Geopelia

Mike Dee

Woody wrote:

> I tried it after getting web address with my shopping and no go on
> the web page so it's not just you.
>
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:04:31 -0700 (PDT),
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I have tried going to the website for that survey, but was unable
>>to. Maybe I wrote it down wrong, but I don't think so.
>>
>>Helen
>>
>>On Monday, November 7, 2011 1:33:38 PM UTC+13, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown
>>> and getting a message that there is a problem with the webpage?
>>> The computer says there is, and keeps restoring the tab
>>> (whatever that means). It's near the top left of the page. (It's
>>> only for Onecard customers)

Unrelated to Geo's post, but oh well...

Arguments to support bottom-posting...

1).
A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

2).
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

3).
A: The lost context.
Q: What makes top-posted replies harder to read than bottom-posted?

4).
A: Yes.
Q: Should I trim down the quoted part of an email to which I'm
replying?

--
dee