Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Onecard survey webpage problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Onecard survey webpage problem

 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2011
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 00:16:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"Your Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank Williams
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:33:38 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> >Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and
>>> >getting a
>>> >message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says
>>> >there
>>> >is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the top
>>> >left of the page. (It's only for Onecard customers)
>>> >
>>> >Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the
>>> >webpage
>>> >and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
>>> >
>>> >I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
>>> >
>>> >Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
>>> >
>>> >It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm
>>> >about to
>>> >place an order.
>>> >
>>> >Thank you
>>> >
>>> >Geopelia
>>>
>>> Why bother are they going to give you lots of $$$$$$$$$$


>>>
>>> I had to disable my Spyware with 2 sites that I tried to use, one was
>>> Telsta Clear I think the other was TVNZ or TV3 for replay TV.

>>
>> Oh dear, looks like a "conspiracy theory" nutter. Simply using the
>> Internet means you're being tracked no matter what you do. Same goes for
>> using you credit card or EFTPOS card, etc., etc., etc. It's called modern
>> life, get used to it. :-\



FACTS and is listed on the TV sites.

>
>>> Did you not see the FareGo show about these so called shop rewards , all
>>> totally CRAP

>>
>> Actually, many of them are, but not all of them. You do also have to know
>> what you're doing and do not buy stuff simply to get rewards.


>I don't have Visa's rewards scheme. I use the card so little that it just
>isn't worth the cost of belonging.
>I dropped Flybuys too. After three years I had got about fifty points, then
>they started taking the older ones off, so I dropped it.
>I seem to be accumulating Brownie Points with Genesis Energy, but I doubt if
>they will ever be enough for any reward.
>




FireGo listed that ALL these spending rewards gave you less that a 1%
discount and the Onecards points only lasted 6 months.

The Double Click thing is mentioned on the TV sites if its disabled you
will not be able to get the Replay TV to work.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2011
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 01:48:58 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <j98d5s$e3b$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>says...
>>
>> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> > In article <j97918$44n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>> > says...
>> >>
>> >> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and getting
>> >> a
>> >> message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says there
>> >> is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the top
>> >> left of the page.
>> >> (It's only for Onecard customers)
>> >>
>> >> Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the
>> >> webpage
>> >> and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
>> >>
>> >> I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
>> >>
>> >> Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
>> >>
>> >> It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm about
>> >> to
>> >> place an order.
>> >>
>> >> Thank you
>> >>
>> >> Geopelia
>> >
>> >
>> > What webpage? can you provide the address please?
>> >

>> http://onecard.eid.co.nz/view/215NGHoK656QJ/251.aspx
>>
>> It's only for Onecard customers. You have to provide your Onecard number.
>> I haven't had a reply from Countdown yet.
>>
>> I think it is genuine, not spam. Spammers would have more profitable things
>> to do than hijack people's Onecard points.

>
>What browser are you using?
>
>I tested it in Microsoft Internet Explorer V 9 (IE9), inluding it's F12
>'developer/debug' modes for IE 8 and 7, including Document Modes for the
>same (circled in red), had no problems like you had...
>
>http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dun...lipboard04.jpg
>
>And no, doesn't look like spam. Good to be sceptical about these things
>though



Do you have the Double Click spyware enabled.

Geopelia disable you virus program and you will find it will work as
it needs the Double click to be working.

The Double click is used for marketing research.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2011
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 02:38:55 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> In article <j98d5s$e3b$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>> says...
>>>
>>> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> > In article <j97918$44n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>>> > says...
>>> >>
>>> >> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and
>>> >> getting
>>> >> a
>>> >> message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says
>>> >> there
>>> >> is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the
>>> >> top
>>> >> left of the page.
>>> >> (It's only for Onecard customers)
>>> >>
>>> >> Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the
>>> >> webpage
>>> >> and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
>>> >>
>>> >> I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
>>> >>
>>> >> Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
>>> >>
>>> >> It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm
>>> >> about
>>> >> to
>>> >> place an order.
>>> >>
>>> >> Thank you
>>> >>
>>> >> Geopelia
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > What webpage? can you provide the address please?
>>> >
>>> http://onecard.eid.co.nz/view/215NGHoK656QJ/251.aspx
>>>
>>> It's only for Onecard customers. You have to provide your Onecard number.
>>> I haven't had a reply from Countdown yet.
>>>
>>> I think it is genuine, not spam. Spammers would have more profitable
>>> things
>>> to do than hijack people's Onecard points.

>>
>> What browser are you using?

>
>Windows XP Home Edition
>Version 5.1(Build2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647:Service Pack3
>I found that but don't understand what it means.
>I think I've got IE7 but don't know how to check that.
>
>> I tested it in Microsoft Internet Explorer V 9 (IE9), inluding it's F12
>> 'developer/debug' modes for IE 8 and 7, including Document Modes for the
>> same (circled in red), had no problems like you had...

>
>I don't understand that. This is the only website where I have ever had
>this problem.
>
>> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dun...lipboard04.jpg

>I had a look at tht website. I wouldn't know how to use it though.
>>
>> And no, doesn't look like spam. Good to be sceptical about these things
>> though
>>

>Thank you for your help. If you didn't have a problem it must be this
>computer.
>I'll see if Countdown replies.
>
>Geopelia
>




Disable you Virus checker, you need Double Click to work.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rich80105@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2011
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:28:59 +1300, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 01:48:58 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <j98d5s$e3b$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>>says...
>>>
>>> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> > In article <j97918$44n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>>> > says...
>>> >>
>>> >> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and getting
>>> >> a
>>> >> message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says there
>>> >> is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the top
>>> >> left of the page.
>>> >> (It's only for Onecard customers)
>>> >>
>>> >> Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the
>>> >> webpage
>>> >> and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
>>> >>
>>> >> I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
>>> >>
>>> >> Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
>>> >>
>>> >> It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm about
>>> >> to
>>> >> place an order.
>>> >>
>>> >> Thank you
>>> >>
>>> >> Geopelia
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > What webpage? can you provide the address please?
>>> >
>>> http://onecard.eid.co.nz/view/215NGHoK656QJ/251.aspx
>>>
>>> It's only for Onecard customers. You have to provide your Onecard number.
>>> I haven't had a reply from Countdown yet.
>>>
>>> I think it is genuine, not spam. Spammers would have more profitable things
>>> to do than hijack people's Onecard points.

>>
>>What browser are you using?
>>
>>I tested it in Microsoft Internet Explorer V 9 (IE9), inluding it's F12
>>'developer/debug' modes for IE 8 and 7, including Document Modes for the
>>same (circled in red), had no problems like you had...
>>
>>http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dun...lipboard04.jpg
>>
>>And no, doesn't look like spam. Good to be sceptical about these things
>>though

>
>
>Do you have the Double Click spyware enabled.
>
>Geopelia disable you virus program and you will find it will work as
>it needs the Double click to be working.
>
>The Double click is used for marketing research.


I had an Indian sounding cller recently telling me I had problems with
my PC. I didn't let him get as far as recommending I turn off my virus
program . . .

Anything that requires turning off virus protection cannot be worth
having.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-07-2011
In article <j99f74$n8l$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
says...
>
> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4eb83acd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On 08/11/11 02:38, Geopelia wrote:
> >> "Dave Doe"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> >>> In article<j98d5s$e3b$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
> >>> says...
> >>>>
> >>>> "Dave Doe"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> >>>>> In article<j97918$44n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
> >>>>> says...
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and
> >>>>>> getting
> >>>>>> a
> >>>>>> message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says
> >>>>>> there
> >>>>>> is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's near the
> >>>>>> top
> >>>>>> left of the page.
> >>>>>> (It's only for Onecard customers)
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the
> >>>>>> webpage
> >>>>>> and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm
> >>>>>> about
> >>>>>> to
> >>>>>> place an order.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Thank you
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Geopelia
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> What webpage? can you provide the address please?
> >>>>>
> >>>> http://onecard.eid.co.nz/view/215NGHoK656QJ/251.aspx
> >>>>
> >>>> It's only for Onecard customers. You have to provide your Onecard
> >>>> number.
> >>>> I haven't had a reply from Countdown yet.
> >>>>
> >>>> I think it is genuine, not spam. Spammers would have more profitable
> >>>> things
> >>>> to do than hijack people's Onecard points.
> >>>
> >>> What browser are you using?
> >>
> >> Windows XP Home Edition
> >> Version 5.1(Build2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647:Service Pack3
> >> I found that but don't understand what it means.
> >> I think I've got IE7 but don't know how to check that.
> >>
> >>> I tested it in Microsoft Internet Explorer V 9 (IE9), inluding it's F12
> >>> 'developer/debug' modes for IE 8 and 7, including Document Modes for the
> >>> same (circled in red), had no problems like you had...
> >>
> >> I don't understand that. This is the only website where I have ever had
> >> this problem.
> >>
> >>> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dun...lipboard04.jpg
> >> I had a look at tht website. I wouldn't know how to use it though.
> >>>
> >>> And no, doesn't look like spam. Good to be sceptical about these things
> >>> though
> >>>
> >> Thank you for your help. If you didn't have a problem it must be this
> >> computer.
> >> I'll see if Countdown replies.
> >>

> > Geo, I wouldn't worry about it. The programming of these surveys often
> > leaves a lot to be desired and you have maybe triggered a bug in the page.
> > It may have caused something to be in your browser cache and that would be
> > why you are getting the error repeatedly. If you know how to clear the
> > cache, I suggest you do it before trying again.
> >
> > You can tell the version of IE by clicking "Help" and selecting "About" or
> > similar.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Cliff
> >

>
> Thank you. I did that, it's IE8
>
> Countdown hasn't answered, so I expect it is just this computer.


As Cliff has said, it may well be a cached browser object - with IE open
and the active window, press <Ctrl><Shift><Del> - and it will bring up
the Delete browser history n' stuff dialog. You probably want to
uncheck the Passwords checkbox before clicking the Delete button.

Then try again. Might work!

Otherwise, the other main suspect is your Trend Micro security suite (I
still can't get my head around why you willingly pay money for this
crappy product - but let's not go there for now


--
Duncan.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2011
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
(snip)

>Oh dear, looks like a "conspiracy theory" nutter. Simply using the
>Internet means you're being tracked no matter what you do. Same goes for
>using you credit card or EFTPOS card, etc., etc., etc. It's called modern
>life, get used to it. :-\


While that may be true, in many/most cases, it is still unacceptable.

(snip)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rich80105@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2011
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:48:42 +1300, Allistar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:28:59 +1300, Frank Williams
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 01:48:58 +1300, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>In article <j98d5s$e3b$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Geopelia
>>>>says...
>>>>>
>>>>> "Dave Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>>>> > In article <j97918$44n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed),
>>>>> > Geopelia says...
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Is anyone else trying to do the Onecard survey from Countdown and
>>>>> >> getting a
>>>>> >> message that there is a problem with the webpage? The computer says
>>>>> >> there is, and keeps restoring the tab (whatever that means). It's
>>>>> >> near the top left of the page.
>>>>> >> (It's only for Onecard customers)
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Now I get a page in blue printing saying there is a problem with the
>>>>> >> webpage
>>>>> >> and they have stopped trying to restore the tab.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> I've let Countdown know but haven't had a reply yet.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Just wondered if it is my computer or the webpage itself.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> It looks as though Online Shopping is still working. I hope so, I'm
>>>>> >> about to
>>>>> >> place an order.
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Thank you
>>>>> >>
>>>>> >> Geopelia
>>>>> >
>>>>> >
>>>>> > What webpage? can you provide the address please?
>>>>> >
>>>>> http://onecard.eid.co.nz/view/215NGHoK656QJ/251.aspx
>>>>>
>>>>> It's only for Onecard customers. You have to provide your Onecard
>>>>> number. I haven't had a reply from Countdown yet.
>>>>>
>>>>> I think it is genuine, not spam. Spammers would have more profitable
>>>>> things to do than hijack people's Onecard points.
>>>>
>>>>What browser are you using?
>>>>
>>>>I tested it in Microsoft Internet Explorer V 9 (IE9), inluding it's F12
>>>>'developer/debug' modes for IE 8 and 7, including Document Modes for the
>>>>same (circled in red), had no problems like you had...
>>>>
>>>>http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dun...lipboard04.jpg
>>>>
>>>>And no, doesn't look like spam. Good to be sceptical about these things
>>>>though
>>>
>>>
>>>Do you have the Double Click spyware enabled.
>>>
>>>Geopelia disable you virus program and you will find it will work as
>>>it needs the Double click to be working.
>>>
>>>The Double click is used for marketing research.

>>
>> I had an Indian sounding cller recently telling me I had problems with
>> my PC. I didn't let him get as far as recommending I turn off my virus
>> program . . .
>>
>> Anything that requires turning off virus protection cannot be worth
>> having.

>
>I would question how he knew you had a PC. They also assume you are running
>a particular popular operating system, which not all do.


He asked for confirmation that I used a personal computer and that it
ran Windows (version not specified). I had heard about these calls,
but saw no harm in confirming that inforamtion, but the conversation
did not last long from that point . . .
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce Sinclair
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2011
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:28:59 +1300, Frank Williams

(snip)

>I had an Indian sounding cller recently telling me I had problems with
>my PC. I didn't let him get as far as recommending I turn off my virus
>program . . .


OTOH, I had a similar gentlman call. I happily followed his instructions ...
until he asked me to start IE. I couldn't find it. The menus didn't
look right. After a little while, he worked out that I wasn't running
windows ... and he promised that he would try linux.


>Anything that requires turning off virus protection cannot be worth
>having.


Remind me ...what's virus protection again ?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Your Name
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2011
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Your Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank Williams
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had to disable my Spyware with 2 sites that I tried to use, one was
>>> Telsta Clear I think the other was TVNZ or TV3 for replay TV.

>>
>> Oh dear, looks like a "conspiracy theory" nutter. Simply using the
>> Internet means you're being tracked no matter what you do. Same goes for
>> using you credit card or EFTPOS card, etc., etc., etc. It's called modern
>> life, get used to it. :-\

>
> FACTS and is listed on the TV sites.
>
>
>>> Did you not see the FareGo show about these so called shop rewards , all
>>> totally CRAP

>>
>> Actually, many of them are, but not all of them. You do also have to know
>> what you're doing and do not buy stuff simply to get rewards.

>
> FireGo listed that ALL these spending rewards gave you less that a 1%
> discount and the Onecards points only lasted 6 months.
>
> The Double Click thing is mentioned on the TV sites if its disabled you
> will not be able to get the Replay TV to work.


Whatever garbage you want to delude yourself with. :-\
 
Reply With Quote
 
Your Name
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2011
In article <j99nve$jju$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:

> In article

<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
> (snip)
>
> >Oh dear, looks like a "conspiracy theory" nutter. Simply using the
> >Internet means you're being tracked no matter what you do. Same goes for
> >using you credit card or EFTPOS card, etc., etc., etc. It's called modern
> >life, get used to it. :-\

>
> While that may be true, in many/most cases, it is still unacceptable.


It's largely irrelevant whether or not it's "unacceptable". The fact
remains that you can't escape being tracked ... unless you want to live
like hermit in the depths of Fiordland surviving on berries and rats.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cause webpage one to reload when webpage two is closed. Paul ASP .Net 14 06-19-2008 03:02 PM
Clipping a remote webpage with Javascript/XPath and including in a "local" webpage soren625 Javascript 2 12-12-2006 02:09 PM
Woolworths Onecard - now with spam ! Peter NZ Computing 25 08-28-2006 04:26 AM
check if a webpage is forwarding to a other webpage martijn@gamecreators.nl Python 1 09-06-2005 02:27 PM
Email contents of webpage or Form on webpage w/o using Server scripting sifar Javascript 5 08-24-2005 05:47 PM



Advertisments