Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > incompatible compilation error built-in function ‘execl’

incompatible compilation error built-in function ‘execl’

srikanth

I am compiling crashme source code on windows using cywin and i am
facing some compilation error.

Error:crashme.c: In function 'vfork_main':
crashme.c:594: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function ‘execl’

Though the source code had unistd.h included, but still the error
persisting. Kindly help me how to fix this issue.

FYI, I am compiling a program called crashme located at
(people.delphiforums.com/gjc/crashme.zip) for testing some kernal
patches.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Thompson

srikanth <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I am compiling crashme source code on windows using cywin and i am
> facing some compilation error.
>
> Error:crashme.c: In function 'vfork_main':
> crashme.c:594: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
> function ‘execl’
>
> Though the source code had unistd.h included, but still the error
> persisting. Kindly help me how to fix this issue.
>
> FYI, I am compiling a program called crashme located at
> (people.delphiforums.com/gjc/crashme.zip) for testing some kernal
> patches.

This turns out to be a Unix-specific issue.

The "#include <unistd.h>" is there, but it's surrounded by "#ifdef
linux"; Cygwin is not Linux, so "linux" is not defined.

See the answer I just posted at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...unction-execl/