Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > E-P3 camera of the year?? Oh yeah, it's "Stuff" magazine

E-P3 camera of the year?? Oh yeah, it's "Stuff" magazine

RichA

The mag. that has to have completely unrelated pictures of bimbos on
every cover just so people will look at it. Looks for full-page ads
for the E-P3 in the Stuff issue with the award in it.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_310295.html

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>The mag. that has to have completely unrelated pictures of bimbos on
>every cover just so people will look at it. Looks for full-page ads
>for the E-P3 in the Stuff issue with the award in it.
>
>http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ws_310295.html

'We are thrilled that the E-P3 has won this fantastic accolade,' said
Olympus UK's Consumer Products marketing manager Mark Thackara.

Fantastic, eh? Well, that's about right. Fantasy indeed.

What's your camera of the year, Rich? I had the chance to handle the
Panasonic GX1, and that isn't mine.

Bruce

Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news(E-Mail Removed) :
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>The mag. that has to have completely unrelated pictures of bimbos on
>>>every cover just so people will look at it. Looks for full-page ads
>>>for the E-P3 in the Stuff issue with the award in it.
>>>
>>>http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...pus_wins_best_
>>>camera_award_news_310295.html

>> 'We are thrilled that the E-P3 has won this fantastic accolade,' said
>> Olympus UK's Consumer Products marketing manager Mark Thackara.
>>
>> Fantastic, eh? Well, that's about right. Fantasy indeed.
>>
>> What's your camera of the year, Rich? I had the chance to handle the
>> Panasonic GX1, and that isn't mine.

>Given that some of them have yet to premiere from the latest batch (NEX-
>7, etc) , IMO, it would be the Panasonic GH-2.

I agree about the delayed NEX-7. That would probably have been my
camera of 2011. With fewer announcements than usual, this hasn't been
a vintage year.

Next year should see many new models from Canon, Nikon and Sony, plus
a mirrorless system from Leica as well as the new M10. I expect that
will be my camera of the year for 2012, but there will be strong
competition from Canon and Nikon. Outside the very successful NEX
range, Sony has completely lost its way.

RichA

On Nov 4, 5:51*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news(E-Mail Removed) :

> >> 'We are thrilled that the E-P3 has won this fantastic accolade,' said
> >> Olympus UK's Consumer Products marketing manager Mark Thackara.

> >> Fantastic, eh? *Well, that's about right. *Fantasy indeed.

> >> What's your camera of the year, Rich? *I had the chance to handle the
> >> Panasonic GX1, and that isn't mine. *

> >Given that some of them have yet to premiere from the latest batch (NEX-
> >7, etc) , IMO, it would be the Panasonic GH-2.

> I agree about the delayed NEX-7. *That would probably have been my
> camera of 2011. *With fewer announcements than usual, this hasn't been
> a vintage year.
>
> Next year should see many new models from Canon, Nikon and Sony, plus
> a mirrorless system from Leica as well as the new M10. *I expect that
> will be my camera of the year for 2012, but there will be strong
> competition from Canon and Nikon. *Outside the very successful NEX
> range, Sony has completely lost its way.

It may be unrealistic to expect any new companies could get into the
aging DSLR market at this stage.

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Nov 4, 5:51*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Given that some of them have yet to premiere from the latest batch (NEX-
>> >7, etc) , IMO, it would be the Panasonic GH-2.

>> I agree about the delayed NEX-7. *That would probably have been my
>> camera of 2011. *With fewer announcements than usual, this hasn't been
>> a vintage year.
>>
>> Next year should see many new models from Canon, Nikon and Sony, plus
>> a mirrorless system from Leica as well as the new M10. *I expect that
>> will be my camera of the year for 2012, but there will be strong
>> competition from Canon and Nikon. *Outside the very successful NEX
>> range, Sony has completely lost its way.

>It may be unrealistic to expect any new companies could get into the
>aging DSLR market at this stage.

True, but there will be two new entrants to the mirrorless CSC market
in 2012 - Leica and Fujifilm.

After a few lean years, Fujifilm is enjoying quite a renaissance.