Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 - AGAIN

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 - AGAIN

paul clayton via .NET 247

Ok, there is alot of info about this and I have tried everything but still get the above error!

1. shut down ALL applications
2. Uninstall IIS 5.1
3. Uninstall .NET FrameWork 1.1
4. Reboot
5. Install IIS 5.1
6. Reboot
7. Install .NET Framework 1.1
8. Reboot
9. Find Microsft Knowledge Base Article: 306005 - follow the instructions as given.
(basically: 'aspnet_regiis.exe -i' and 'regsvr32 %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_is api.dll'
10. Reboot

Still get the error: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1

I have uninstalled the 1.0 version of the framework I have tried:
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
aspnet_regiis.exe -r

and all other options I can think of.

etc etc etc.

Nothing works I still get the same error....
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

--------------------------------
From: paul clayton

-----------------------

<Id>1mc3BvSTGkOS0FLT+s7kkA==</Id>

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

When you use this tool,

http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/A...nSwitcher.aspx

What does it tell you about the Default Web Site version?

"paul clayton via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, there is alot of info about this and I have tried everything but still
> get the above error!
>
> 1. shut down ALL applications
> 2. Uninstall IIS 5.1
> 3. Uninstall .NET FrameWork 1.1
> 4. Reboot
> 5. Install IIS 5.1
> 6. Reboot
> 7. Install .NET Framework 1.1
> 8. Reboot
> 9. Find Microsft Knowledge Base Article: 306005 - follow the
> instructions as given.
> (basically: 'aspnet_regiis.exe -i' and 'regsvr32
> %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_is api.dll'
> 10. Reboot
>
> Still get the error: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified
> Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1
>
> I have uninstalled the 1.0 version of the framework I have tried:
> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> aspnet_regiis.exe -r
>
> and all other options I can think of.
>
> etc etc etc.
>
> Nothing works I still get the same error....
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks.
>
> --------------------------------
> From: paul clayton
>
> -----------------------
>
> <Id>1mc3BvSTGkOS0FLT+s7kkA==</Id>

Fred Chateau

"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" wrote ...

> When you use this tool,
> http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/A...nSwitcher.aspx
> What does it tell you about the Default Web Site version?

I just wanted to make sure all of you were aware of this KB article . . .

Regards,

Fred Chateau
e-mail: fchateauAtComcastDotNet