Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > A Name

A Name

thedarkman

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/t...ick_story.html

According to the validator, this page has 19 errors and 4 warnings. it
may give you nightmares but it reads perfectly okay in IE, Chrome and
Firefox, so that's good enough for me, and guess what, the world ain't
gonna end because of it.

richard

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:36:02 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote:

> http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/t...ick_story.html
>
> According to the validator, this page has 19 errors and 4 warnings. it
> may give you nightmares but it reads perfectly okay in IE, Chrome and
> Firefox, so that's good enough for me, and guess what, the world ain't
> gonna end because of it.

Yes and a quick view of the page source told me why.
"NO DOCUMENT TYPE!

Proper coding is dependent upon document type.
While basic coding will work in any document type, will it work the way it
was intended to be displayed?
IE is very loose with the way it handles coding. Then, some coding it will
not handle properly at all.
Because like AOL, IE says you do it my way or no way.

And the card trick is no trick at all.

123Jim

http://validator.w3.org/docs/why.html