Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: What is a Domain Name really worth

Re: What is a Domain Name really worth

Gib Bogle

On 27/10/2011 8:52 p.m., collector.nz wrote:
> I have a name which has outlived its usefulness for me hisandhers.co.nz
> so what would it be worth to sell rather than just let it lapse

It's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

No-one

On , , Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:22:44 +1300, Re: What is a Domain Name really worth,
Gib Bogle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 27/10/2011 8:52 p.m., collector.nz wrote:
>> I have a name which has outlived its usefulness for me hisandhers.co.nz
>> so what would it be worth to sell rather than just let it lapse

>It's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

The same with event tickets that someone has bought up and sells for what people
are prepared to pay leading up to the event or on the eve of the event.
They either sell the tickets for whatever they can get or take a loss when
no-one buys them.