Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Possible motherboard failure

Possible motherboard failure

gwilson1212 gwilson1212 is offline
Junior Member

One week ago I tried to reboot my computer, Dell XPS, Generation 2 series. During the startup, it reached a screen that said "Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility". It never went past this screen. When I pressed F1, it repeated the first message. Each time that I pressed F1, it displayed the message. Is this a sign that the motherboard failed? Thanks for your help.