Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > X for x-it?

X for x-it?

Wolfgang Weisselberg

dj_nme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 3/11/2011 10:07 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:

[...]

> Eric, I hope that you realise that Wolfgang was writing about the exact

^^^^^^^^
no, I didn't. I wrote that wafers are circular

> opposite: "...as the number of dies within the wafer decreases."
> That implies bigger sensors, not smaller.

[...]

-Wolfgang

Wolfgang Weisselberg

android <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wolfgang Weisselberg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> android <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > It's probably easier to make rectangular ones, since they're cut from a
>> > cake.

>> The wafers are circular, though ...

> That's so true; but it seems easier to cut straight lines don't you
> think.

Why cut a perfectly working large circular sensor? It'll
only stop working.

Next on the shopping list: lenses and camera bodies for
recording on 30cm diameter sensors ... (just *think* of the
shallow DOF!)

-Wolfgang