Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > startup

startup

iccsi

I would like to put some applications running while startup of the
computer.
I am able to copy application shortcut to startup folder when I use
Windows XP.
I would like to know how I can configure my own startup applicaiton
using Windows 7.

Your help is great appreciated,

iccsi

Miles

* iccsi wrote, On 16-Oct-11 18:09:
> I would like to put some applications running while startup of the
> computer.
> I am able to copy application shortcut to startup folder when I use
> Windows XP.
> I would like to know how I can configure my own startup applicaiton
> using Windows 7.
>

> Your help is great appreciated,
>

> iccsi

Using Win7-64, Pro and probably the same for all versions.
Go the start menu/all programs/cntrl-drag the wanted program name to
"Startup" which is in the "all programs" list in alpha order, near the
bottom -- not the top where the windows stuff is located. If you have
that folder open it can be dropped right in. I believe that if it's
not open you can drop it on "Startup" and then perhaps you'll need to
cntrl-drag it inside -- let me know about that one!
Miles