Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Securing uploaded documents

Securing uploaded documents

Dean g

Awesome guys, you were right once i tighten up all my code
blocks it started working. Make that 3 out 3 problems solved.

Thanks alot

Bwig Zomberi

Dan wrote:

> I thought I'd made it clear enough in my earlier reply, and that you
> were stating I was wrong, hence the above followup. If you look at my 2
> examples you can see the difference, and that was my point.

Speed reading. My bad.

ContentType, not DocType, your bad.

Another thing: The PDF ng is comp.text.pdf, not alt.txt.pdf. My bad.

--
Bwig Zomberi

Bwig Zomberi

Bwig Zomberi wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>>
>> I thought I'd made it clear enough in my earlier reply, and that you
>> were stating I was wrong, hence the above followup. If you look at my 2
>> examples you can see the difference, and that was my point.

> Speed reading. My bad.
>
> ContentType, not DocType, your bad.
>
> Another thing: The PDF ng is comp.text.pdf, not alt.txt.pdf. My bad.

Apologies for the bads. Just looked it up. I will promise never to use
it again.

--
Bwig Zomberi

Dan

"Bwig Zomberi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:huie27$ben$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bwig Zomberi wrote:
>> Dan wrote:
>>>
>>> I thought I'd made it clear enough in my earlier reply, and that you
>>> were stating I was wrong, hence the above followup. If you look at my 2
>>> examples you can see the difference, and that was my point.

>> Speed reading. My bad.
>>
>> ContentType, not DocType, your bad.
>>
>> Another thing: The PDF ng is comp.text.pdf, not alt.txt.pdf. My bad.

> Apologies for the bads. Just looked it up. I will promise never to use it
> again.

I hope that isn't a promise not to use DOCTYPE declarations in your HTML
pages

--
Dan

Bwig Zomberi

Dan wrote:

> "Bwig Zomberi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:huie27$ben$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bwig Zomberi wrote:

>>> Speed reading. My bad.
>>>
>>> ContentType, not DocType, your bad.
>>>
>>> Another thing: The PDF ng is comp.text.pdf, not alt.txt.pdf. My bad.

>> Apologies for the bads. Just looked it up. I will promise never to use
>> it again.
>>

> I hope that isn't a promise not to use DOCTYPE declarations in your HTML
> pages

No, you are right. That was clearly in a different context. I thought
you suggested doctype for PDF files.

--
Bwig Zomberi

Dan

"Bwig Zomberi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hukfsa$hs9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dan wrote:
>>
>> "Bwig Zomberi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:huie27$ben$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Apologies for the bads. Just looked it up. I will promise never to use
>>> it again.
>>>

>> I hope that isn't a promise not to use DOCTYPE declarations in your HTML
>> pages
>>

> No, you are right. That was clearly in a different context. I thought you
> suggested doctype for PDF files.

I guess I need to break my replies up a bit more then, but in my defensive I
did put "normal HTML" in the same line

It's a shame this newsgroup will be gone soon

--
Dan