Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Detecting hotlinking

Detecting hotlinking

Toni

I have a strange problem detecting hotlinking using .htaccess with IIS.

I check to see if the referrer linking to my images contains mydomain.com. So, if the
referrer is mydomain.com/page.asp, I allow the connection.

BUT - sometimes the referrer does not contain the domain name and is:
/page.asp

First of all, I didn't know that a referrer could NOT contain a domain name. Second, how
is this done - is this a legit link to my image or is it a trick?

Image Hotlinking gcc HTML 3 06-10-2005 02:06 PM
Hotlinking problem solved Dark Angel HTML 6 05-04-2004 08:01 PM
.htaccess & Hotlinking Dark Angel HTML 2 05-02-2004 03:09 PM
.htaccess hotlinking help required Tigger HTML 3 01-26-2004 07:40 PM
Hotlinking.. to my pictures. Sandi HTML 6 07-26-2003 08:04 PM

Advertisments