Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > secure flag on cookies in ASP or VB6.0

secure flag on cookies in ASP or VB6.0

Pandiarajan M

Hi

How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to ensure that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL Connection for ASP or VB6.0 application.

Auto Start ASP.NET 4.0 Applications With IIS 7.5
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...net-40-ap.aspx

Evertjan.

Pandiarajan wrote on 11 dec 2009 in

> How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to
> ensure that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL
> Connection for ASP or VB6.0 application.

asp.net and vb being off-topic here,
I will try to answer about classic asp:

I do not think that is possible under asp.

However is there any need for that,
as you could limit the pages for SSL use,
or reserve an url or subdomain especially for SSL?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Dan

"Pandiarajan M" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to ensure
> that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL Connection for ASP
> or VB6.0 application.

Classic ASP has the Secure property for cookies

Response.Cookies("mycookie") = "test"
Response.Cookies("mycookie").Secure = True

This should set a cookie and tell the browser to only return it to the web
server when the connection is over HTTPS.

--
Dan