Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Internet Explorer 6.0 crashes intermittently

Internet Explorer 6.0 crashes intermittently

Michael Reynolds

I have a web site that has the UpdatePane on it (I know...please keep reading
anyway) Since this page has seen a dramatic increase in usage (around 60,000
page view a day now) the users have complained of Internet Explorer 6
(corporate hasn't upgraded!!) crashing from 1-3 times a day. I want to be
able to troubleshoot the root cause of this failure. Any ideas on where to
start? I've looked at the Add-ons, but disabling didn't prevent the crashes.

--
MCT, MCSD/MCAD, MCDBA

Bob Barrows

Michael Reynolds wrote:
> I have a web site that has the UpdatePane on it

What's that?

> (I know...please keep
> reading anyway) Since this page has seen a dramatic increase in
> usage (around 60,000 page view a day now) the users have complained
> of Internet Explorer 6 (corporate hasn't upgraded!!) crashing from
> 1-3 times a day. I want to be able to troubleshoot the root cause of
> this failure. Any ideas on where to start? I've looked at the
> Add-ons, but disabling didn't prevent the crashes.

This sounds like a client-side issue to me. I dounbt there is anything
you can do via ASP server-side code to mitigate it ... except perhaps
sending less data for the client to process ...

Wait ... I was answering from the perspective of classic ASP ... did you
mean you have a "web site with a page that has an UpdatePanel"? If so,
you are definitely in the wrong place:

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

HTH,
Bob Barrows

--