Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > HyperLinkFields in GridView

HyperLinkFields in GridView

SimonG

Hi everyone

Is it possible to use a URL of the form file:// in a HyperLinkField?

I can get it to work no problem when my source data field contains "http://"
references, but if the start of the string is "file://" I don't get the link
created properly.

Is there any way around this, or is it just assumed that HyperLinkFields are
always formed for the http protocol?

Many thanks

Simon

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltb25H?= wrote on 09 okt 2009 in

> Is it possible to use a URL of the form file:// in a HyperLinkField?
>
> I can get it to work no problem when my source data field contains
> "http://" references, but if the start of the string is "file://" I
> don't get the link created properly.
>
> Is there any way around this, or is it just assumed that
> HyperLinkFields are always formed for the http protocol?

You mean:

That is clientside and only html, so of topic in this classic ASP NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows

SimonG wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Is it possible to use a URL of the form file:// in a HyperLinkField?

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.
--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

SimonG

Ah, apologies to all, and thanks for the pointer of where best to post.

Will follow your advice in the future!

thanks

Simon