Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Sessions

Sessions

bcap

I’d like to learn/understand session variables.

I want to create a website that contains a username, password, and
MembershipID.

Based on the membership type, the page may have different features, so
the Username and MembershipID would be significant to have on each
page to drive the display.

Also, I’d like it to automatically log them out if there is no action
within 15 minutes.

Is this all done with a “Session” ?

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

Bob Barrows

bcap wrote:
> I’d like to learn/understand session variables.
>
> I want to create a website that contains a username, password, and
> MembershipID.
>
> Based on the membership type, the page may have different features, so
> the Username and MembershipID would be significant to have on each
> page to drive the display.
>
> Also, I’d like it to automatically log them out if there is no action
> within 15 minutes.
>
> Is this all done with a “Session” ?
>
> Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

Have a look at these articles for a start:
http://www.aspfaq.com/search.asp?q=s..._onend&x=9&y=9

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows