Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Arguments of the wrong type error pointing to Paging objects

Arguments of the wrong type error pointing to Paging objects

.Net Sports

I have a fairly simple blog script where as I am getting an "arguments
of the wrong type..." error referencing the line of a few Paging
variables:
'''''''''''''

strCon = "provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx.xx.xx.xxx;Initial
Catalog=zzzz;User ID=zzz;Password=xxxx;"
adoCon.Open strCon

Set rsblog = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

strSQL = "SELECT blog.* FROM blog ORDER BY blog_id DESC;"

rsblog.Open strSQL, adoCon, 1, 3
' ' getting argument out of range error on this line >

rsblog.PageSize = intRecordsPerPage

'''''''''''
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are
in conflict with one another.

???
NS

Bob Barrows

..Net Sports wrote:
> I have a fairly simple blog script where as I am getting an "arguments
> of the wrong type..." error referencing the line of a few Paging
> variables:
> '''''''''''''
>
> strCon = "provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx.xx.xx.xxx;Initial
> Catalog=zzzz;User ID=zzz;Password=xxxx;"
> adoCon.Open strCon
>
> Set rsblog = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
>
> strSQL = "SELECT blog.* FROM blog ORDER BY blog_id DESC;"
>
> rsblog.Open strSQL, adoCon, 1, 3
> ' ' getting argument out of range error on this line >
> rsblog.PageSize = intRecordsPerPage

> ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'
>
> Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are
> in conflict with one another.

Well? What is the value of intRecordsPerPage when this error occurs? My
crystal ball doesn't seem to be working tonight

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"