Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IIS 7 and web.config for classic ASP

IIS 7 and web.config for classic ASP

.Net Sports

I need to view "friendly" error messages (line # and type of error )
in my classic asp applications, recently had some sites on IIS6 moved
to a server that is using IIS7. The hosting company claims they can't
configure IIS on their end (???), but that I can use a web.config file
for custom error messages for classic ASP, but i cannot find anywhere
in my searches and research to point me in the right direction.
???
NS

Bob Barrows

..Net Sports wrote:
> I need to view "friendly" error messages (line # and type of error )
> in my classic asp applications, recently had some sites on IIS6 moved
> to a server that is using IIS7. The hosting company claims they can't
> configure IIS on their end (???), but that I can use a web.config file
> for custom error messages for classic ASP, but i cannot find anywhere
> in my searches and research to point me in the right direction.
> ???
> NS

Well, that is ridiculous. Classic ASP has no concept of a web.config file,
and IIS settings cannot be controlled by web.config anyways.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"