Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Generate an Error 500

Generate an Error 500

Toni

I have an ASP website that is very strong in terms of error handling - if an Error 500
occurs, a custom error page is generated and I receive an email with diagnostic
information.

I have a situation where if I detect certain illegal conditions (such as an SQL
injection attack) I want to generate an Error 500 so that I am notified immediately of
the situation.

Other than simply putting in a divide-by-zero statement, does ASP support a CUSTOM Error
500 code of my own design?

Thanks!!!

Bob Barrows

Toni wrote:
> I have an ASP website that is very strong in terms of error handling
> - if an Error 500 occurs, a custom error page is generated and I
> receive an email with diagnostic information.
>
> I have a situation where if I detect certain illegal conditions (such
> as an SQL injection attack) I want to generate an Error 500 so that I
> am notified immediately of the situation.
>
> Other than simply putting in a divide-by-zero statement, does ASP
> support a CUSTOM Error 500 code of my own design?
>
> Thanks!!!

This is all that is available:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general...-web-site.html
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

Toni

"Bob Barrows" wrote...
> Toni wrote:
>> I have an ASP website that is very strong in terms of error handling
>> - if an Error 500 occurs, a custom error page is generated and I
>> receive an email with diagnostic information.
>>
>> I have a situation where if I detect certain illegal conditions (such
>> as an SQL injection attack) I want to generate an Error 500 so that I
>> am notified immediately of the situation.
>>
>> Other than simply putting in a divide-by-zero statement, does ASP
>> support a CUSTOM Error 500 code of my own design?
>>
>> Thanks!!!

> This is all that is available:
> http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general...-web-site.html
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007

I'm handling it with a divide by zero, thanks!