Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > display popup text

display popup text

displayname

The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you hover
over a feature.
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...FABC3CE1BC569A

How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute but
the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not have enough
time to read a long paragraph in the title.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?ZGlzcGxheW5hbWU=?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you
> hover over a feature.
> http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...oPortal/en_US/

> atalog.workflow:CompareByNeed?current-category-id=

653343E0DE54435882FAB
> C3CE1BC569A
>
> How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute
> but the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not
> have enough time to read a long paragraph in the title.

Use the source, Luke. It's a mixture of CSS and JavaScript. Both of
these a client side, and off topic for this group. Suggest you go over
to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets and comp.lang.javascript.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Gregory A. Beamer

wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The website displays a very nice popup describing a feature when you
> hover over a feature.
> http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...Portal/en_US/c
> atalog.workflow:CompareByNeed?current-category-id=653343E0DE54435882FAB
> C3CE1BC569A
>
> How can you do that (display such a popup)? I use HMTL title attribute
> but the drawback on title is it goes away quickly and users does not
> have enough time to read a long paragraph in the title.

CSS and/or JavaScript.

jQuery has a hover function that will do this, if you are not interested in
writing your own (not advised).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA