Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > blank frame in ie6/7

blank frame in ie6/7

Dr.David

I hope someone can explain this.

If I visit this site directly:
http://platt.hpaa.com/
then all links, including the link to the 'collateral' page, work fine. But
if I view the site in the left frame of a framed page:
http://hpaa.com/ftest.htm
then, although the links to all other local pages and even the link to a
remote site are still working, clicking the 'collateral' link does not load
the collateral page.

viewing the site with FF and Opera, all links work. All pages validate at
w3c. Why are IE 6/7 not loading the collateral page?

Thanks,
Dr.David

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Dr.David"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I hope someone can explain this.
>
> If I visit this site directly:
> http://platt.hpaa.com/
> then all links, including the link to the 'collateral' page, work
> fine. But if I view the site in the left frame of a framed page:
> http://hpaa.com/ftest.htm
> then, although the links to all other local pages and even the link to
> a remote site are still working, clicking the 'collateral' link does
> not load the collateral page.
>
> viewing the site with FF and Opera, all links work. All pages validate
> at w3c. Why are IE 6/7 not loading the collateral page?
>
> Thanks,
> Dr.David

This is a client side matter, and not suited for this group. Better to
ask in a client side group, like alt.html or
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html .

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

nutso fasst

"Adrienne Boswell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This is a client side matter, and not suited for this group. Better to
> ask in a client side group, like alt.html or
> comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html .

Sorry. I meant to post in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, but I
should've waited before posting anywhere because with a bit of sleep I found
the key thing that keeps a page from displaying in a frame: declaring HTML
position:relative with CSS. Removed that declaration and the page displayed
OK.