Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Regular Expression with accent letters

Regular Expression with accent letters

aldobelli@gmail.com

Hi,
I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

^[A-Z a-z \' אטילעש]{3,}$

but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters

I've tried this:

^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$

but I've the same problem.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Evertjan.

wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Hi,
> I'm using this reg exp to validate a string
>
> ^[A-Z a-z \' אטילעש]{3,}$
>
> but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters
>
> I've tried this:
>
> ^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$
>
> but I've the same problem.
>
> Can anyone help me?

Is there a classic asp topic here?

Please look elsewhere on usenet.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows

Evertjan. wrote:
> wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

<snip>

>> Can anyone help me?

> Is there a classic asp topic here?

?
This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
server-side code?
Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?

Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your question.
But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so inclined.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

Evertjan.

Bob Barrows wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in

> Evertjan. wrote:
>> wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm using this reg exp to validate a string

> <snip>
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me?

>> Is there a classic asp topic here?
>>

> ?
> This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
> server-side code?
> Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?
>
> Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your
> question. But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so
> inclined.

i like the idea of dedicated NG's and would hate this NG to nbe a free for
all questionaire.

As regex in javscript has the advantage of easily making single statement
regex implimentations, news:comp.lang.javascript has become one of the de
facto regex discussion zones of just that implementation of regex. Other
implementations are not very welcome even there.

I would hate to see this NG's subject broadened to cover what c.l.j already
does.

[regex in VBS looks so very cumbersome to me, that even in asp I justr ad a
function or two in js, when needed.]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Anthony Jones

> Bob Barrows wrote on 03 mrt 2009 in
>
>> Evertjan. wrote:

>> <snip>

>>> Is there a classic asp topic here?
>>>

>> ?
>> This from the person who so strongly advocates using javascript in
>> server-side code?
>> Why couldn't this be a server-side code issue?
>>
>> Sorry aldobelli, I'm not good with RegExp, so I cannot answer your
>> question. But Evertjian is and could surely answer this question if so
>> inclined.

> i like the idea of dedicated NG's and would hate this NG to nbe a free for
> all questionaire.
>
> As regex in javscript has the advantage of easily making single statement
> regex implimentations, news:comp.lang.javascript has become one of the de
> facto regex discussion zones of just that implementation of regex. Other
> implementations are not very welcome even there.
>
> I would hate to see this NG's subject broadened to cover what c.l.j
> already
> does.
>
> [regex in VBS looks so very cumbersome to me, that even in asp I justr ad
> function or two in js, when needed.]

Unless you want to enumerate a series of matches that have submatches, in
which case the VBS RegExp object is easier to use.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

Anthony Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>Hi,
>I'm using this reg exp to validate a string
>
>^[A-Z a-z \' אטילעש]{3,}$
>
>but this Reg Exp don't find any accent letters
>
>I've tried this:
>
>^[A-Z a-z \u0027\u00E0\u00E8\u00E9\u00EC\u00F2\u00F9]{3,}$
>
>but I've the same problem.

Both work fine in VBS. More context needed.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET