Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > customErrors mode="Off" not working

customErrors mode="Off" not working

Cam

On one of our web sites, we want detailed errors to appear on remote browsers.

The web.config of the application and the web.config in all parent folders
up to the web site root and the machine.config all contain a <customErrors>
block where the mode property is set to "off".

In ASP.NET 1.1, we see the detailed error only when running the browser on
the same machine as the web server. On any other computer, all we get (from a
test app that intentionally generates a 500.19) is "The page cannot be
displayed because an internal server error has occurred."
What other settings need to be set?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?Q2Ft?=
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On one of our web sites, we want detailed errors to appear on remote
> browsers.
>
> The web.config of the application and the web.config in all parent
> folders up to the web site root and the machine.config all contain a
> <customErrors> block where the mode property is set to "off".
>
> In ASP.NET 1.1, we see the detailed error only when running the
> browser on the same machine as the web server. On any other computer,
> all we get (from a test app that intentionally generates a 500.19) is
> "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has
> occurred." What other settings need to be set?

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

(Thanks, Bob)

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home