Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Silverlight: settings host's background color

Silverlight: settings host's background color

VRSki@newsgroup.nospam

I created a Silverlight application, which is hosted by an ASP.NET app
(default IDE settings for creating a Silverlight app). There are 2 projects
created by default: ASP.NET (hosting the Silverlight control) and the
Silverlight project with the control's code.

I'd like to set the background of the entire page as it appears on user's
browser to a certain color. Setting the background color on the Silverlight
control itself, only paints the controls area, but the rest of the background
is still the default white.

I tried different things:
- setitng the style in every <div> I could find in the asp.net side
- setting the silverlight control:
<asp:Silverlight ID="Xaml1" runat="server" ... PlugInBackColor="..." />
and
<asp:Silverlight ID="Xaml1" runat="server" ... BackColor="..." />

What am I missing? I noticed, in the App code (Silverlight), I can get
access to Host.Background, but it's readonly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

VR

Bob Barrows

> I created a Silverlight application, which is hosted by an ASP.NET app

recommended practice), but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net is a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to
a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

to help you.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

VRSki@newsgroup.nospam

Bob,

Thanks for the note. My bad -- I should have read the posts firsts. I am off
to the .NET group now

VR