Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Spaces in some files some not

Spaces in some files some not

MM User

Hi,

I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files have %20 in
the files names some do not
i.e. someone will upload with a file:

my file.zip

another person:

my file a.zip

in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some cases, my
file a.zip

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files have
> %20 in the files names some do not
> i.e. someone will upload with a file:
>
> my file.zip
>
> another person:
>
> my file a.zip
>
> in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some
> cases, my file a.zip
>
> Any idea why?
>
> Thanks,

Well, that teaches you not to use spaces in file names, doesn't it?

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

MM User

Adrienne,

Not me but other users - I have asked to prevent the use of spaces and know
I can use validation but the powers above want to allow this - annoyingly.

"Adrienne Boswell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9B727D9C935B4arbpenyahoocom@69.16.185.247. ..
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files have
>> %20 in the files names some do not
>> i.e. someone will upload with a file:
>>
>> my file.zip
>>
>> another person:
>>
>> my file a.zip
>>
>> in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some
>> cases, my file a.zip
>>
>> Any idea why?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Well, that teaches you not to use spaces in file names, doesn't it?
>

> --
> Adrienne Boswell at Home
> Arbpen Web Site Design Services
> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

Please do not top post in Usenet. Answer below.

> "Adrienne Boswell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9B727D9C935B4arbpenyahoocom@69.16.185.247. ..
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "MM User"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a page that uploads to a site, for some reason some files
>>> have %20 in the files names some do not
>>> i.e. someone will upload with a file:
>>>
>>> my file.zip
>>>
>>> another person:
>>>
>>> my file a.zip
>>>
>>> in some cases the file is uploaded as, my%20file.zip and in some
>>> cases, my file a.zip
>>>
>>> Any idea why?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> Well, that teaches you not to use spaces in file names, doesn't it?
>>

> Adrienne,
>
> Not me but other users - I have asked to prevent the use of spaces and
> know I can use validation but the powers above want to allow this -
> annoyingly.

Then, what I think would be a good thing is to forward this very message
to the "Powers Above" so they can see what this type of policy does.

Sure, your car go 90 miles an hour on the freeway, but it is safe?