Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > MasterType Directive Error

MasterType Directive Error

rfcarter

I am trying to set a strongly typed referece to my Master Page from content
pages and get the following error when I build:

Error 1 The type name 'ISOTimeSheets' does not exist in the type
'ISOTimeSheets.ISOTimeSheets'

The code inserted into the designer.cs for the web page is the following:

/// <summary>
/// Master property.
/// </summary>
/// <remarks>
/// Auto-generated property.
/// </remarks>
public new ISOTimeSheets.ISOTimeSheets Master {
get {
return ((ISOTimeSheets.ISOTimeSheets)(base.Master));
}

The line I added to my content page is:

<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/ISOTimeSheets.Master" %>

The project is not strongly named due to a vendor component that I am using,
but just to see of this was the issue I strongly named the project and the
error still exists. There is not much help on the web other than showing how
to use the directive. If I cannot get this to work with the directive does
someone have a code snippet that would allow me to loosely couple? I saw one
vague reference to loose coupling but no examples in my reseatch thus far.

What I am trying to accomplish is the establishment of some properties on
the master page so I can reduce, and hopefully eliminate, the need to session
vaiables in my application.

Thanks

Mike Brind

"rfcarter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to set a strongly typed referece to my Master Page

This newsgroup is for classic ASP (pages end in .asp) whereas your question
concerns ASP.NET (pages end in .aspx). They are totally different
technologies. You would be better advised posting to http://forums.asp.net
or microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

--
Mike Brind
MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

rfcarter