Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Viewing your site in Netscape and Mozilla

Viewing your site in Netscape and Mozilla

Maziar Aflatoun

Hi everyone,

I just wrote a complete shopping cart using DataGrids...etc with capability
to edit each item etc. However, the textboxes become their default size
when viewed in Netscape/Mozilla. I thought VisualStudio .Net automatically
takes care of that.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Maz.

bruce barker

the current version has poor support for any browser other than IE. if the
browser is not IE, style (width and height) are not rendered. also client
validation is only supported with IE. you can get better results by forcing
uplevel for this browsers. the next release of asp.net supports html 4.0 and
will have better browser support.

in page load:

if ("netscape|gecko|opera".IndexOf(this.Request.Brows er.Browser.ToLower())
>>=0 )

this.ClientTarget = "Uplevel";

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Maziar Aflatoun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Vhkzc.246774$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wrote a complete shopping cart using DataGrids...etc with

capability
> to edit each item etc. However, the textboxes become their default size
> when viewed in Netscape/Mozilla. I thought VisualStudio .Net

automatically
> takes care of that.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Maz.

M. Posseth

I currently work on a website that is multiplatform ( it is daily tested
with SUSE LINUX with firebird & conqueror , Windows with IE 5.5 & IE 6.0
& Firefox )

http://hbase.nohausystems.nl/Login.aspx?visitor=1

It has lots of customized styles and javascript functions

i did not write a single line of double code for it ( if mozilla then
okay you get the point )

It is just pure Javascript and valid HTML / CSS

You just need to spend some time figuring it out , all information can be
found online

http://www.w3.org/ and developer.irt.org are now 2 of my favorite websites

M. Posseth [MCP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the current version has poor support for any browser other than IE. if the
> browser is not IE, style (width and height) are not rendered. also client
> validation is only supported with IE. you can get better results by

forcing
> uplevel for this browsers. the next release of asp.net supports html 4.0

and
> will have better browser support.
>
> in page load:
>
> if ("netscape|gecko|opera".IndexOf(this.Request.Brows er.Browser.ToLower())
> >>=0 )

> this.ClientTarget = "Uplevel";
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "Maziar Aflatoun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Vhkzc.246774$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I just wrote a complete shopping cart using DataGrids...etc with

> capability
> > to edit each item etc. However, the textboxes become their default size
> > when viewed in Netscape/Mozilla. I thought VisualStudio .Net

> automatically
> > takes care of that.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Thanks
> > Maz.

Jonathan Eric Miller

OK, how did you set the widths on text boxes then? I found that the "style"
attribute is omitted on pages sent to Mozilla or Firebird.

Jon

"M. Posseth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cako8h$p6g$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I currently work on a website that is multiplatform ( it is daily tested
> with SUSE LINUX with firebird & conqueror , Windows with IE 5.5 & IE

6.0
> & Firefox )
>
> http://hbase.nohausystems.nl/Login.aspx?visitor=1
>

> It has lots of customized styles and javascript functions
>
> i did not write a single line of double code for it ( if mozilla then
> okay you get the point )
>
> It is just pure Javascript and valid HTML / CSS
>

> You just need to spend some time figuring it out , all information can be
> found online
>
> http://www.w3.org/ and developer.irt.org are now 2 of my favorite

websites

> M. Posseth [MCP]
>

> "bruce barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the current version has poor support for any browser other than IE. if

the
> > browser is not IE, style (width and height) are not rendered. also

client
> > validation is only supported with IE. you can get better results by

> forcing
> > uplevel for this browsers. the next release of asp.net supports html 4.0

> and
> > will have better browser support.
> >
> > in page load:
> >
> > if

("netscape|gecko|opera".IndexOf(this.Request.Brows er.Browser.ToLower())

> > this.ClientTarget = "Uplevel";
> >
> > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
> >

> > "Maziar Aflatoun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Vhkzc.246774$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com...
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I just wrote a complete shopping cart using DataGrids...etc with

> > capability
> > > to edit each item etc. However, the textboxes become their default

size
> > > when viewed in Netscape/Mozilla. I thought VisualStudio .Net

> > automatically
> > > takes care of that.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > > Thanks
> > > Maz.

Greg Burns

Check out this link. It uses browserCaps to force ASP.NET to NOT render
Firefox as a downlevel browser.

http://tinyurl.com/4sn36

Fixed my problems.

Greg