Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam

system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam

Antonio O''Neal

We changed a username in AD. The user now logs on to a computer on our
network using the new username without any problems. They can not logon using
the old username. However, when they access a IIS 6.0 web site where a
programmer compares system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name to a
lookup table containing usernames they could not gain access with the new
userid. We created a web page to show what
system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name is returning. It is
returning their old username. If we put the old username in the table the
user may access the web site. The IIS site logs for the web site show the
new username for the user as he accesses the site. I have used adsiedit to
look at the user's information in AD. It shows only the new username through
out the the account parameters.

We also have a sharepoint 3.0 site that shows the user's old username when
he accesses that site.

What can I do so system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name will
contain the new username for this renamed account?

Thank you,
Antonio

Steve McManus

Hi,

I'm having almost the same problem - do you ever get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

AntonioONea wrote:

system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam
30-Oct-08

[...]

On Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:22 AM
AntonioONea wrote:

[...]

ASP.NET Programmer's Reference [Wrox Press]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mers-refe.aspx

Steve McManus

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

We're having same issue here.

Thanks,
Steve

AntonioONea wrote:

[...]

On Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:08 PM
Steve McManus wrote:

Solution?
Hi,

I'm having almost the same problem - do you ever get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

..NET Object Mapper / Code Generator For SQL Server
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...per--code.aspx

Bob Barrows

Steve McManus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you ever get a solution to this problem?
>
> We're having same issue here.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> AntonioONea wrote:
>
> system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam
> 30-Oct-08
>
> We changed a username in AD. The user now logs on to a computer on
> our
> network using the new username without any problems. They can not
> logon using the old username. However, when they access a IIS 6.0 web
> site where a programmer compares
> system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name to a lookup table

You might try posting this to an ASP.Net group such as

to help you

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

IE shows false and Firefox shows true Gianni Javascript 3 07-10-2009 09:18 PM
Session var in page_load shows old value, buttonclick shows new . Whats wrong gce ASP .Net 0 05-07-2005 06:50 AM
Old TV Shows on TV Taliesin2 DVD Video 2 03-07-2004 05:16 PM
WHAT GAME SHOWS WILL THE OLD T.W. BUILDING'S CORPSE HOST? SEVEN SEVILLE DVD Video 0 01-17-2004 04:22 AM
Editable DataGrid Shows Old Values "After" Update Kevin Pedersen ASP .Net 3 11-28-2003 06:31 AM

Advertisments