Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Creating date-based grid in ASP

Creating date-based grid in ASP

Mike P

I need to create a grid which along the y axis has a user name and along
the x axis has a date. Somehow I need to populate the x axis with 6
months worth of dates from the current date, and then look at a database
table that lists what dates a user is busy on so that I end up with a
grid that shows all users and all dates for the next 6 months and when
they are busy and when they are not busy.

I have very little experience in ASP so this is proving very tricky, I
think the hardest part would be creating the grid with a column for each
date for the next 6 months.
Can anybody help?

Bob Barrows

Mike P wrote:
> I need to create a grid which along the y axis has a user name and
> along the x axis has a date. Somehow I need to populate the x axis
> with 6 months worth of dates from the current date, and then look at
> a database table that lists what dates a user is busy on so that I
> end up with a grid that shows all users and all dates for the next 6
> months and when they are busy and when they are not busy.
>
> I have very little experience in ASP so this is proving very tricky, I
> think the hardest part would be creating the grid with a column for
> each date for the next 6 months.
> Can anybody help?

What database type and version are you using?
How is the data stored? Column names and datatypes please. A few rows of
sample data would not hurt.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows