Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Best practice for using Profiles in Web Application?

Best practice for using Profiles in Web Application?

charlisa

We are developing a Web Application in which we would like to utilize the
System.Web.Profile object. Unfortunately, .NET does not create the
infrastructure for Profiles in a Web Application, only in Web Site projects.
Is there a best practice for utilizing profiles in a Web Application?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

charlisa wrote:
> We are developing a Web Application in which we would like to utilize
> the System.Web.Profile object. Unfortunately, .NET does not create
> the infrastructure for Profiles in a Web Application, only in Web
> Site projects. Is there a best practice for utilizing profiles in a
> Web Application?

recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Go to www.asp.net in any case and look for the Application Blocks to see
what MS considers "best practices"

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007