Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Gridview with more than 2 tables

Gridview with more than 2 tables

egsdar

Hello. I'd like to know how can use in a Gridview more than two tables and
when I hit the update button should display for the child table a
dropdownlist instead of a textbox?

How can i do this two things? Best regards and thanks in advance for the
help.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

egsdar wrote:
> Hello. I'd like to know how can use in a Gridview more than two
> tables and when I hit the update button should display for the child
> table a dropdownlist instead of a textbox?

recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

egsdar

The reason why I'm asking is because i haven't found anything.

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

> egsdar wrote:
> > Hello. I'd like to know how can use in a Gridview more than two
> > tables and when I hit the update button should display for the child
> > table a dropdownlist instead of a textbox?
> >

> There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
> of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - always a
> recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
> ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
> lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
> question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
> group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or the forums at www.asp.net.
>

> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
> "NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Where did I say you shouldn't be asking? Could you read what I wrote a
little more carefully, please? If there is something you don't understand,
let me know and I will try to explain.