Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Problems using WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1 to access an https (ssl)page on an Oracle-Application-Server-10g

Problems using WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1 to access an https (ssl)page on an Oracle-Application-Server-10g

Brian Pitt

Hi

I am trying to use WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1 to access an https (ssl)
page on an Oracle-Application-Server-10g and I keep getting a
-2147483638 error. I am able to use the exact same script to access
https pages on other servers and I can access http requests on oracle
application servers.

The problem is isolated to accessing https pages on oracle application
servers and I have now come up against this problem with three of my
clients who are running oracle servers so it looks like there is
something about WinHttpRequests that the oracle servers doesnt like. I
have tried setting all the headers in the WinHttpRequest to match the
headers sent when accessing the site in firefox but still no luck.

If anyone has ever come across this problem and has figured out the
cause I would be really grateful if you could enlighten me.

Many thanks