Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to use memcached in classic asp

How to use memcached in classic asp

bigqiang

Memcached is a high-performance, distributed memory object caching system.
its website is http://www.danga.com/memcached/ .
How to use Memcached in Classic Asp?

Help thanks .

Bob Barrows [MVP]

bigqiang wrote:
> Memcached is a high-performance, distributed memory object caching
> system. its website is http://www.danga.com/memcached/ .
> How to use Memcached in Classic Asp?

How would we know? Speaking for myself, this is the first I ever heard of
this thing. Wouldn't it be more logical to ask the people who created that
caching system?

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Old Pedant

"bigqiang" wrote:

> How to use Memcached in Classic Asp?

http://www.socialtext.net/memcached/...cess_memcached

Looks to me like the only way to do it would be to create an ActiveX
component, written in C++ using the MemCached C API, that you can then invoke
from your ASP scripts.

Looks to me like this is mostly a waste of time. Move to ASP.NET where you
can do it directly from C# code.

Mike Brind [MVP]

"Old Pedant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Looks to me like this is mostly a waste of time. Move to ASP.NET where
> you
> can do it directly from C# code.

Or VB et al

--